PDA

View Full Version : Off-Roaders Unite and Join USA-ALL

Utahmike
07-11-2006, 08:45 PM
If you are concerned about protecting your right to access public land with a motorized vehicle join Utah Shared Access Alliance (USA-ALL)

USA-ALL believes in responsible use of motorized vehicles on public land

USA-ALL Has a fulltime staff to work on the issues

USA-ALL has thousands of local members

USA-ALL was founded in 1999 and is locally based and focuses on Utah issues

USA-ALL is the answer to uniting the motorized community and standing up against the abuses by radical environmental organizations.

JOIN TODAY!!! :mrgreen:

www.usaall.org

rock_ski_cowboy
07-16-2006, 11:24 PM
If you are concerned about protecting your public land from damage by motorized vehicles join Southern Utah Wilderness Alliance (SUWA)

SUWA believes in minimal damage to and maximum preservation of public land

SUWA has a fulltime staff to work on the issues

SUWA has thousands of local members

SUWA was founded before 1999 and is locally based and focuses on Utah issues
SUWA is the answer to uniting the environmentally concerned community and standing up against the abuses by radical offroad motorized users.

JOIN TODAY!!! :mrgreen:

www.suwa.org

Utahmike
07-17-2006, 02:42 PM
That is hilarious! :lol8:

Southern Utah Wilderness Alliance (SUWA) was founded in 1983.

Fulltime staff that hovers around 20-22

Annual Budget that exceeds $ 3 Million

SUWA has been relatively unsuccessful at uniting anyone, even in the environmental community. ZERO acres of Wilderness have come from their efforts (20 plus years worth) (don't even claim the Cedar Mountain Wilderness, we all know that was done to block transportation of nuclear waste). One could argue that their "uncompromising defense" (see SUWA's mission statement) of wild lands has stopped Wilderness designations and therefore allowed these areas to become further impacted by human use. So is it really about protection or preservation? :ne_nau: A classic example of this is their position on the Washington County Land Use Bill that includes new Wilderness designations. But of course their "uncomprimising" position wont allow them to accept large Wilderness designations if the boundaries arent exactly were they want them, so rather than take some and work on the rest later they trash the whole thing.

However, I appreciate their desire to protect the land that I too love. There is a bad element or bad apples in ALL user groups motorized and non-motorized that abuse the land and have little disregard for others. :nono: These people must be stopped.
:frustrated:

stefan
07-19-2006, 05:05 PM
:ne_nau: A classic example of this is their position on the Washington County Land Use Bill that includes new Wilderness designations. But of course their "uncomprimising" position wont allow them to accept large Wilderness designations if the boundaries arent exactly were they want them, so rather than take some and work on the rest later they trash the whole thing.

well you can't say SUWA hasn't done anything for wilderness in utah. they have been extremely responsible for raising awareness about wilderness within and outside of utah. they have contributed or facilitated many person-hours of exploring to identify wilderness quality lands and helped to establish wilderness study areas. and they are largely responsible for the redrock wilderness act, establishing the concept of utah wilderness in a quantifiable way, on a grand scale. i think to suggest that SUWA has NO part in any designation, e.g., cedar mountain is likely incorrect, at the same time, you may never get open acknowledgment of suwa by the government either.

their all or nothing approach may well in the end be more effective ... i think it's difficult to say at this moment. in some sense if you continue to bombard congress and the public with the "need for wilderness" and the fact that wilderness has hardly been designated in any large scale fashion, there is a chance that ultimately such a designation will occur. i believe that there is a fear that if smaller scale designations occur, congress and local lawmakers could feel that enough has been done and more isn't necessary, with their designations constituting leverage. without such designations they don't have leverage, and if one keeps pushing, perhaps ultimately, they can convince for the need of large scale designations, with a percentage of this land continually being preserved in WSA during the mean time. if this were to happen, then you would find suwa more responsible than you could possible have imagined.

you think i'm probably dreaming, and you might be right ... but i hope you're wrong.

Utahmike
07-20-2006, 05:15 PM
Stefan,

You are correct I shouldn

stefan
07-20-2006, 07:27 PM
[quote=Utahmike]
But remember designated Wilderness means no management, so it is often difficult to manage things such as fire, insects, and other natural processes. It ties the hands of land managers and allows nature to take its course. I