PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report East Layton Bonneville Shoreline -- TR

Sombeech
07-10-2006, 10:49 PM
6 of us got together tonight and rode out and back on the Shoreline trail, starting at the "Castle" in East Layton, or the Fernwood Picnic area.

It was around 6:30 when we all showed up there, and we saw the gate was closed, stating "Fire Crews Only". Well, we weren't going to stop there, so we called the number and notified them we were going in. We actually met up with the Fire Crew just inside the gate, and they let us in no problem.

We rode the trail south, to the shooting range in East Layton, or Fruit Heights. Either way, we turned around near the shooting range and came back. This route actually made more uphill on the way back, so we will switch directions when we do it again.

This trail has some of the same terrain as the Ogden section, but it's not really a "climb up, bomb back" trail. It was mostly up and down the whole way, with a little more uphill travelling north. You actually start out closer to the bench, whereas in Ogden you have to climb a little ways to get there. So, there wasn't a continuous downhill on the way back. Still a decent trail though. :cool2:

The ride was almost 8 miles out and back. Our group was:
Myself
KillEmAll
REDFOX
shagster
Jared
Jason

Here are the pics, and check out the Google Earth location tool for directions.

Alex
07-11-2006, 05:21 AM
How long did you guys ride? Post the video! :popcorn:

accadacca
07-11-2006, 07:45 AM
Very nice report...I enjoyed it. We'll get those Canyoneering bastards...I got my camera for tonight. :lol8:

Sombeech
07-11-2006, 07:59 AM
How long did you guys ride? Post the video! :popcorn:

We started around 6:30, and got back at probably 8:30? The boys took a little side detour looking for one of the waterfalls in Adams Canyon.

The video kinda sucks, it's only about 5 seconds long, showing Shawn riding down this. I was standing too high, so it doesn't look like it was that hard.
http://uutah.com/forum/files/kaysville_bsl__10___large_.jpg

We'll get those Canyoneering bastards...I got my camera for tonight. :lol8:

Yeah, no kidding. It's like most bikers don't have cameras or something! :ne_nau: Either that, or there's not that many of us riding that often.

And the canyoneering section doesn't realize I've given them about 200 posts. :haha: We'll keep that one quiet.

Ross
07-15-2006, 06:45 PM
nice photos.

looks like a pretty dece section of trail.

sickass reflectors.

Sombeech
07-17-2006, 07:54 AM
sickass reflectors.

:lol8:

http://uutah.com/forum/files/kaysville_bsl__37___small_.jpg