PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report TR :: Ensign Peak

accadacca
07-10-2006, 07:14 PM
I took my 3 year old on this hike Saturday. He had never been on it and we didn't have much time. This is a quick little jaunt, about 10-15 minutes to get to the top. Pretty steep though and for some it may take longer. It is up behind the capitol and just west of the "U" in Salt Lake. Great views of the city...

stefan
07-10-2006, 08:12 PM
nice!

have you ever been up there at night? the city lights form a giant hand, five fingers and thumb, with some imagination of course.

ahh we used to party up there...when we were young :friday:

accadacca
07-10-2006, 08:30 PM
Yup, I have done the night time thing back in the day. Many good spots to take a date up in the aves... :naughty:

stefan
07-10-2006, 09:02 PM
you know the cul-de-sac below is now closed to parking. i mean, supposedly it's always been closed, since the land is privately owned, but now for the past like 4 years or so, cops come up there and patrol...not only at night, but during the evening when the sun sets too. :roll:

Sombeech
07-10-2006, 11:03 PM
have you ever been up there at night?

I've had a few make outs up there. :2thumbs:

accadacca
07-11-2006, 07:47 AM
you know the cul-de-sac below is now closed to parking. i mean, supposedly it's always been closed, since the land is privately owned, but now for the past like 4 years or so, cops come up there and patrol...not only at night, but during the evening when the sun sets too. :roll:
Yup, they got sick of the all the children being conceived in that spot. :roflol:

Alex
07-11-2006, 08:28 AM
Yup, they got sick of the all the children being conceived in that spot. :roflol:

LOL.... but they could have just put the condom stand there, make a profit :2thumbs:

paraAdams
08-30-2006, 02:06 PM
Those pictures looked great. I've never been up that way, but I'd really like to hike it.

Where should I park my car? I guess more specifically, where is the trail head located?

accadacca
08-30-2006, 02:51 PM
Those pictures looked great. I've never been up that way, but I'd really like to hike it.

Where should I park my car? I guess more specifically, where is the trail head located?
Its just east of the capitol above the city and you can park on the street.

I found this nice little write up with directions: http://www.localhikes.com/Hikes/Ensign_Peak_7160.asp