PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Mystery

hike2kolob
07-10-2006, 04:34 PM
Again, after a late night arrival in Zion, I awoke in front of the grill of my car after sleeping in my parking space. I ran over to the permit window to stand in line for an Imlay permit the next day. While standing in line the rest of the crew for Mystery showed up: John from Orange County, Chapin from Brooklyn and Tom.

Permits in hand, we loaded Tom's car and cruised to the Observation Point TH. The recent rains kept the dust to a minimum and it was a very pleasant morning.

At the first big rappel two guys from SLC caught up and requested a ride back up to their shuttle. No problem, but they would have to wait as we enjoyed the canyon and did some minor cleanup. They went ahead.

We enjoyed our stroll. At the sandhill the sky started to turn dark and we had rain for the rappel into Mystery Springs and the Narrows.

One of the guys from SLC was waiting for us at the VC shuttle stop, but would have to wait a little longer as we went to check into camp and drop off all of our gear. Tom, Chapin and the other guy left to retrieve the shuttle. Long story short, Tom's car was stuck in the mud and could not be retrieved until the next day. Thankfully the other guy did get his truck out and was willing to help Tom grab some stuff from Mt. Carmel. Thank you other guy.

Pics below.