PDA

View Full Version : I CAN'T HELP IT

icthys
07-07-2006, 11:10 AM
I know the season doesn't start till Sept but Pre-Season starts in a month. I'm talking about Fantasy Football here.

We had a great time last year for our first uutah fantasy football league. I'm happy to host this years as well. I want to start kicking around some ideas for changes in this years league. For instance last year we had an optional entrance fee for those who wanted to put a little cash on their team. We had an issue last year of some people signing up and not participating at all...cough cough SOMBEECH cough cough. To help promote more activity some of the players thought that making an entrance fee mandatory would take care of the problem, I like this idea, what do the rest of you think?

I also want to make some changes in the scoring system. Any suggestions?

Sombeech
07-07-2006, 01:02 PM
cough cough SOMBEECH cough cough.

Guilty. I just don't get into it enough. You can count me out this year. Sorry.

accadacca
07-07-2006, 01:54 PM
Yup, I have had this on my mind lately too. I say you should be the host again. :nod:
I cant remember what we talked about for an entrance fee? I say at least $20 this year. I am getting stoked for this year! Last year was a blast! :rockon:

Oh yeah and speaking of FTB. I should be gettin' my tickets soon... :ute_helmet: :utes3:

Iceaxe
07-07-2006, 02:32 PM
I'm in!!!

I agree, $20 mandatory entrance fee. I think it should be send in a check or PayPal $21 since I know Acca kinda got hosed with PayPal taking their cut of things last year.

I'm guessing Rock Gremlin will join up again.... After all that chest thumping he did last year :haha:

I'm thinking $20 entrance fee
10 teams - top 4 to the playoffs
payout 1-2-3
Payout 100-60-40

That makes winning worth somethingt :2thumbs:

Comments?

icthys
07-07-2006, 03:10 PM
I like the $20 fee, I just hope we get enough to play, all interested say I.

If there are more than 10 players we could bump it to 12 or if there are even more than that try and get two league's going.

4 teams in the playoffs.

I like the payoff.

I like one mandatory trade also to make things a little more interesting. We would make any trade reviewable so that lame ass trades like a top player for a bench warmer or bench warmer for bench warmer not count for the mandatory trade.

What about points for completed passes or catches for the receiver. Extra points for 100 rushing yards etc.

Iceaxe
07-07-2006, 03:54 PM
I don't like the mandortory trade.... I see to much chance for hanky panky....

I'd say leave the scoring as it was last year.

I don't like extra for 100 yards and stuff. You back gets 100 yards you already are scoring big points.

Sheeettt.... just what we need, a way for LT to score more points :haha:

Last year it was difficult to beat LT all by himself on some days.

Also.... when a team is eliminated his rooster is locked :2thumbs:

accadacca
07-07-2006, 04:13 PM
his rooster is locked :2thumbs:
Whoooah.....sounds a little bareback mountain....easy now..:lol8:

I also liked it the way it was last year and the pay out and entrance fee seems good. The only thing that I hated was the interception deal. I always seemed to get screwed. My QB (Brady) would be doing great and then throw a pick. Bloody points would drop...not to mention Favre. :chairshot:

I'm guessing Rock Gremlin will join up again.... After all that chest thumping he did last year. :haha:
Just remember who ended up champion...all hail Big Balls (me). :clap: :headbang:

KillEmAll
07-07-2006, 04:20 PM
I'm in. I was a non-paying sunnofabeetch last year, but this year for sure. It was a blast - well worth the $20. Plus, it's the only way to collect my $100, assuming that's the top payout. :naughty:

KillEmAll
07-07-2006, 04:26 PM
Sheeettt.... just what we need, a way for LT to score more points

Yeah, he kept me afloat most games. Up until the end of the season when him and the rest of my roster tanked. I swear, if I get Trent Green again I quit. That pointless POS!