PDA

View Full Version : Snowbasin is open!!

Sombeech
06-26-2006, 08:20 AM
Snowbasin's website:
http://www.snowbasin.com/index_s.asp

Open Friday-Sunday, 9 to 6. Saturdays, you can ride the Gondola from 9am to 10pm! @12 hours of downhill riding. :rockon:

Rates are $12 per lift ride, or an all day pass for $14.

Here is a live(?) weathercam of the resort.

http://www.snowbasin.com/images/cams/superpipe_0000000000000001.jpg

ogdmfg
06-26-2006, 11:50 AM
would be nice if they actually had real downhill trails :eek2: not just lift serviced cross country trails meaning mor up than down. :nono:

mtnbiker62
06-26-2006, 02:50 PM
For those of us who aren't as hardcore as others, Snowbasin is a real treat. It's cheaper and closer for me than Deer Valley, and I really like the trails...just one fat, old guy's opinion! :mrgreen:

would be nice if they actually had real downhill trails :eek2: not just lift serviced cross country trails meaning mor up than down. :nono:

REDFOX
06-26-2006, 08:05 PM
I called Snow Basin this last Friday and they said that the trails were not open to mountain bikes as they were too wet still. I went to Deer Valley instead for a little practice for the upcoming DH races. I had not been there since 2002. I was surprised at the amount of new trails and wood stunts. Thieves Forest and Fire swamp seemed more rutted than usual. Somehow I cracked my frame and I am looking for an experienced aluminum welder to make a repair. Does anybody know if there are any downhill trails at Snow Basin? I know that Go-Ride was going to hold a race there a few years ago.

Sombeech
06-26-2006, 10:21 PM
Somehow I cracked my frame and I am looking for an experienced aluminum welder to make a repair.

So the frame went ahead and finally cracked, huh? That sucks. Hope you can get it fixed.

BTW, I called Snowbasin today, and everything sounded fine.

mtnbiker62
06-27-2006, 04:51 AM
The trails at Snowbasin are XC trails. There are no trails like you described at Deer Valley.

Does anybody know if there are any downhill trails at Snow Basin?

ogdmfg
06-27-2006, 08:49 AM
hey red fox I know a goods welder, drop me a pm and I can get his number to you. :2thumbs: