PDA

View Full Version : Moab Mill Creek Swimming Hole

Iceaxe
06-25-2006, 08:46 PM
Hey, I might be in Moab over the 4th of July doing a river trip. It also looks like I will have a day to kill with the family. Anyhoo..... I hear there is an awesome swimming hole up Mill Creek Canyon.

Anyone been to it?

Would this be a good place to take my family, kids 8 and 10 along with my hot young stripper wife?

Any help/suggestions/recommendations would be appreciated.

Sombeech
06-25-2006, 08:50 PM
This isn't the "Powerhouse Dam", or Left Hand swimming hole, is it?

James_B_Wads2000
06-26-2006, 07:14 AM
Hey, I might be in Moab over the 4th of July doing a river trip. It also looks like I will have a day to kill with the family. Anyhoo..... I hear there is an awesome swimming hole up Mill Creek Canyon.

Anyone been to it?

Would this be a good place to take my family, kids 8 and 10 along with my hot young stripper wife?

Any help/suggestions/recommendations would be appreciated.

It

Iceaxe
06-26-2006, 07:25 AM

Yeah, I think its all the same place but I'm not sure. I thought someone (you?) posted some info a little while back but I couldn't find it.

I did look in Kelsey's new book and he does mention it, only his description is a little vague, or maybe its just really simple once you get there.

Mostly want to know if its worth the effert and if my kids will have fun.

rockgremlin
06-26-2006, 07:57 AM
Hey Shane -

I can get the low down on this place for ya. Be warned some sections of this waterhole are prone to nudity. There's a girl that lives in Moab that I share the office with that told me that she and her sister went up there last week to sunbathe - nude. Apparently, it's the "Fifth Water Spring" of Moab. :haha:

Iceaxe
06-26-2006, 08:19 AM
sunbathe - nude. Apparently, it's the "Fifth Water Spring" of Moab.

That was one of my concerns.....

I've had some very uncomfortable moments at Fifth Water, like the time some forty year old dumbass came over and sat down nakid next to my 10 y/o daughter. Some people just deserve to have their ass kicked.....

Alex
06-26-2006, 09:28 AM
Oouch, that is just not right, did you say anything to him?

Iceaxe
06-26-2006, 09:38 AM
Oouch, that is just not right, did you say anything to him?

Oh Yeah!

:chairshot:

accadacca
06-26-2006, 09:55 AM
There's a girl that lives in Moab that I share the office with that told me that she and her sister went up there last week to sunbathe - nude.
WTF... :lol8: :lol8: :lol8:

Sombeech
06-26-2006, 10:52 AM

Yeah, I think its all the same place but I'm not sure. I thought someone (you?) posted some info a little while back but I couldn't find it.

This place goes by so many names. The first name I ever heard it go by was "Left Hand", and also the PowerDam. If this is the place, it's a VERY easy hike. The only place I've seen the nudies, is above the pool that everybody swims in. If you're climbing up the little waterfall to jump in, that's where you may see them, but they usually aren't there on high traffic days.

I've got a GE location here (http://uutah.com/forum/download.php?id=5960).

http://uutah.com/forum/files/left_hand__large_.jpg

accadacca
06-26-2006, 02:00 PM
The first name I ever heard it go by was "Left Hand"]
I wont ask why... :roflol:

Sombeech
06-26-2006, 03:36 PM
The first name I ever heard it go by was "Left Hand"]
I wont ask why... :roflol:

Maybe the right hand was busy naming something else.

Iceaxe
06-26-2006, 04:27 PM
Alright.... I'm going to check out "Left Hand" if I get the chance. Looks like we are going to raft Westwater over the 4th of July so I should be in the area :2thumbs:

rockgremlin
06-28-2006, 12:56 PM
My sources tell me that right hand has more solitude, another small waterfall, some natural hot-tubs, and a crap-load of petroglyphs.

Since it is less traveled, it probably would be more nudie-prone. Either way, it sounds like there's a bunch of cool stuff up either fork.

Iceaxe
06-28-2006, 01:01 PM
My sources tell me

I'll let you guys know what I find. I believe Kelsey says there is not much up the Right Fork. That usually means he missed the goods or never bother to check it out.

Sombeech
06-28-2006, 01:47 PM
My sources tell me that right hand has more solitude

You have the magic 8 ball too?

Iceaxe
06-28-2006, 01:59 PM
You have the magic 8 ball too?

:lol8: