PDA

View Full Version : The Great Grayling Heist -- TR

accadacca
06-24-2006, 12:50 PM
I took icthys up on his offer to track down some grayling last night. I met him in Heber and we headed up the mirror lake highway. I followed him up and we met up with one of his buddies. It was good to get out of the city for a night and the ride up on my motorcycle was a blast. We hiked in about 2.5 miles. We didn't find any state records this trip but did manage to hook into a dozen or more of these elusive fish. I caught a few brookies and stuck with the trout type lures. Icthys an his friend are great guys and it was nice to meet them. He even let me wear his coat (not in a brokeback mtn sense) :lol8: since I left mine back at my motorcycle. I had a great time, enjoy the pics. :five:

icthys
06-26-2006, 07:47 AM
This was a great evening trip for sure. It's too bad the fishing wasn't as great as we had anticipated. Thanks for coming with acca, it's always nice to meet new people and have a few more people out enjoying the trip. I didn't get many pics but here's a couple.

Alex
06-26-2006, 09:40 AM
The water looks so calm! Thanks for the pics, sounds like you guys had a good time. How big is that trout in the picture?

accadacca
06-26-2006, 09:48 AM
How big is that trout in the picture?
Prolly about 12-13 inches.

fourtycal
06-26-2006, 11:36 AM
That looks sweet!

So did you ride up the pavement or past Tibble fork on the gravel?

I feel a fishing bug coming on, hope I don't have to call in sick :haha:

accadacca
06-26-2006, 02:34 PM
So did you ride up the pavement or past Tibble fork on the gravel?
Well I took the dirt of course... :lol8:

Man have you been all the way over on that road? Good hell I forgot how rocky and rough it is. The beemers suspension is not quite like my KTM... :lol8: But hell it was fun and I had to fly to meet itchys in time.

Glockguy
06-26-2006, 06:52 PM
Great report! How bad were the bugs?

accadacca
06-26-2006, 09:14 PM
Great report! How bad were the bugs?
Not bad. I didn't notice them much and no bites.

DickHead
06-27-2006, 06:44 AM
Wish I could have made it, but with the Jordanelle trip planned for the next AM I had to skip. Let me know next time, I'd love to catch a grayling or two, just to say I have.