PDA

View Full Version : Snowbasin - anybody been up to the snowline?

mroy
06-22-2006, 08:33 AM
I rode up to 7200 ft on the Needles trail yesterday and turned around where the service road turns into singletrack. If I had started further up the mountain I probably would've hit the snow sooner or later and found out for myself, but I'd come up from Pineview on Wheeler & Green Pond and whatever else was along the way & was tired. I just wanna know if I'd get a good enough climb in starting from the base of the resort or if I'd have to start at the Green Pond TH on the highway, or at Art Nord.

They open tomorrow, but I asked about riding and they said that there was too much snow on the mountain for riding to take your bike on the gondola :(

It looks like they've done a lot of work from what I saw, which is good, cause after last season, they needed it. I've also heard rumors that they were putting in a new trail or two...anybody know more about that?

Sombeech
06-22-2006, 09:03 AM
They're only open on Saturdays, right?

mroy
06-22-2006, 09:06 AM
Last year it was Fri-Sun with the lift closing to bikers at 6, and they're also open every full moon with the lift running late, but if it's too close to dark they won't let bikers up.