PDA

View Full Version : North Canyon to Mueller Park -- TR

Sombeech
06-21-2006, 11:20 PM
Redfox, shagster, Mark, and I hit this tonight. We drove up Canyon Creek Drive in Bountiful, after leaving a vehicle at the church on Mueller Park Drive, doin' the shuttle thing.

We started riding right at the end of the pavement, even though some people drive up about another mile and park there. We didn't feel like putting pinstripes on our vehicles though.

From the pavement, it was about 3.8 miles uphill til we hit Rudy's Flats. This was a pretty tough climb, and I walked a lot of it.

But it made for 7 miles of downhill, going down to the church. In fact, I am convinced this is the only way to do Mueller Park now. We saw only one guy, from Romania, on the way up to Rudy's Flats. Then, by the time we started downhill, the yielding for uphillers was few and far between.

Here are the pics. Most of them are heading up towards Rudy's Flats, besides I've got the rest of the trail, and who wants to stop on the downhill to snap 'em?

accadacca
06-22-2006, 08:47 AM
Yeah, this is really the best way to do Mueller and most people don't. Shagster needs to learn how to use the front brake. :lol8: I also liked Redfoxes handlebar guard on that video clip. :lol8:

Sombeech
06-22-2006, 08:59 AM
I also liked Redfoxes handlebar guard on that video clip. :lol8:

Yeah, he always forgets to put it on. Technically, we were still climbing, and he puts it on during the downhill. We just took a detour. (a wrong turn.)

PunchKing
06-22-2006, 09:27 AM
Those ruts in the rode are heinous, we did that trail and one in our party was unable to complete the climb in a timely manner so I rode back though those ruts, you can get some pretty amazing air and then crash into the next one. :doh:

Ross
06-23-2006, 05:28 PM
sweet photographs! :2thumbs:

Can't wait to ride that trail.

Boen
10-05-2010, 06:28 AM
Awesome pics. Been wanting to do this trail for a while.. A little more motivated now! :nod: