PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Ohio

jgoolia41
06-10-2006, 05:51 AM
Hi! My brother told me about this site, and it rules! I enjoy hiking, rock climbing, and slot canyons!! The TRs are great, and I'm always interested in reading up on other's travels to give me ideas for my own. Unfortunately, I live in the great, flat state of Ohio, so I only get to frequent the west 1-2 times per year. The thought of UT is what gets me through the long, dark Ohio winters. Last year I went to Blue John, RR, Escalante, Capitol Reef, Zion (and others). It was my favorite trip to date. I have yet to make an appearance this year, but the fall is looking promising. Happy travels!

tatwood
06-10-2006, 06:33 AM
Welcome to the forum. I hope you can make it out here to visit a few times this year. Utah really is a great place. :2thumbs:

Sombeech
06-10-2006, 09:52 AM
would that be short for julia goolia? :haha: Welcome to the site!

I've got a friend out in Ohio, and I hear similar "longings" for Utah.

accadacca
06-12-2006, 09:43 AM
Welcome to the fold. :cool2:

jgoolia41
06-13-2006, 04:06 PM
Yeah, it's short for Julia Goolia. I'll never live it down. Thanks for the warm welcome. I can't wait to get out there again! Till then, the climbing gym and my photos will have to suffice.

Iceaxe
06-13-2006, 04:19 PM
:2thumbs: Welcome :2thumbs:

DiscGo
11-07-2006, 04:23 PM
Okay, I'm late on this one but I just wanted to let you know how much I can appreciate your situation. My wife is from Ohio and she really wants us to move back there, but I just can't bare the thought of leaving Utah to an area that does not have much in the way of outdoor recreation.

(Just for the record, I like Ohio. I enjoy seeing the barns, windmills, and I have seen some nice sunsets there.... I just really prefer Utah).