PDA

View Full Version : Cool Vests

accadacca
06-04-2006, 06:14 PM
Ok, double moo I heard that you have a cool vest and I NEED one. Give me the low down. How do they work? Where do you get them? etc....etc.

double moo
06-05-2006, 02:57 PM
They work basically like a 'cool wrap' neck band - soak it in water for 10 minutes wring out the excess and put it on. As you ride the water evaporates and cools you down - it works great for cooling... but it does soak your shirt pretty good - which in 90+ degree weather isn't such a bad thing.

I bought one locally at R&R for $59 - I saw them at Wright's yesterday for the same price. If you're going to pay retail try to help out the little guys and go to R&R - that said... I found them on the net for around $30 - add shipping and you still save $25.

Having used both the vest and the neck wrap... the neck wrap is a lot easier to use, doesn't wet you down, and does a great job - quite impressive how much cooler you feel if the blood reaching your brain is chilled!

I like the vest - but for long rides in really hot weather - for short jaunts you might not care for the wet T shirt look at the store (I recommend them whole heartedly for all females... at all times).

Mike

double moo
06-05-2006, 03:13 PM
quick look found the following -

Brand is Techniche International
Sound rider for $29.95
newenough.com for $34.00
amazon.com for $27.49

I found before that the Safety equipment places had the best prices - I guess once you label it for motorcycles you can charge more! Have fun looking around!