PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Timp cave

Mtnman1830
06-03-2006, 08:23 PM
Dunno if I should put this in this forum or the hiking? But anyway, Me and my son went with my two brothers up to Timp cave today. I havent been here for nearly 20 years! After I took my boy to Minnetonka last year, I told him that I would take him to another one this year.

If anyone hasn't been to Timp, you really need to go. They even offer tours thru the cave that the general public don't see- This is on my to-do-list.

Anyway, Its a steep climb to the entrance, 1 1/2 miles, with 1/2 of cave. My six year old did it fine, so it isn't too difficuld. 1100 feet of elevation in the 1/2 mile.

Enjoy the pics.

RugerShooter
06-03-2006, 09:14 PM
here are a couple pics I took

Iceaxe
06-03-2006, 11:39 PM
My kids love Timp cave, we do it every year. :2thumbs:

accadacca
06-04-2006, 06:17 PM
Great report! Glad you enjoyed it. :2thumbs:

rock_ski_cowboy
06-06-2006, 02:47 PM
Lived in H. V. for my whole life and never been! Guess its about time.

stefan
06-06-2006, 04:26 PM

you won't be disappointed

RugerShooter
06-06-2006, 09:59 PM

It is worth the time it takes, I plan on taking the wife up in a couple weeks

Deathcricket
06-09-2006, 09:51 PM
Oh wow, those are spectacular pics man! Thanks a lot for sharing. Being new to Utah I'm unfamiliar with this place, but that one is now on "the list" for sure.

That Heart pic is bizarre and amazing at the same time. It's hard to judge the size though. How long is it? I'm guessing its 4 feet but again have no clue.

Mtnman1830
06-10-2006, 05:12 AM
deathcricket Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:51 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh wow, those are spectacular pics man! Thanks a lot for sharing. Being new to Utah I'm unfamiliar with this place, but that one is now on "the list" for sure.

That Heart pic is bizarre and amazing at the same time. It's hard to judge the size though. How long is it? I'm guessing its 4 feet but again have no clue.

Minnetonka cave is another cave. It is up by Bear Lake. Logan Canyon is an amazing drive. Just watch the road.

RugerShooter
06-10-2006, 10:38 PM

The "heart" measures approximately 5.5 feet in length and is about 1cubic yard in volume.

you can find more on the cave at http://www.nps.gov/tica/

RugerShooter
06-10-2006, 10:51 PM
here are some of the pics from the trail