Shad (shag_dee)
Shawn (REDFOX)
Mark
and myself, Justin, (Sombeech)

The trip report with pictures are at this link:
http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2644

Here is a direct link for the video, opening it in your own player:
http://f6.putfile.com/videos/15317442773.wmv

Or, you can click the image here to play the movie in Putfile's player. Enjoy. :popcorn:
http://uutah.com/forum/files/maple.jpg (http://media.putfile.com/Maples-Loop)

accadacca
06-04-2006, 06:28 PM
That is bad AAAAA!!!! :rockon: That looks like a pretty cool trail to bomb! I have not heard this cover of that song. The voice was sounding so familiar. I have not googled this and I am taking a guess on the name that song sweepstakes..........Tesla?

Sombeech
06-04-2006, 06:37 PM
That is bad AAAAA!!!! :rockon: That looks like a pretty cool trail to bomb! I have not heard this cover of that song. The voice was sounding so familiar. I have not googled this and I am taking a guess on the name that song sweepstakes..........Tesla?

Yep :2thumbs: Tesla's cover of Led Zeppelin's "The Ocean". Probably one of the best covers I've heard of a Led Zeppelin song. There are MANY bad ones.

accadacca
06-04-2006, 06:40 PM
What album is this from? Remember when we saw them cover Iron Man? Freakin' the shiz man... :twisted:

Sombeech
06-04-2006, 06:42 PM
PS, you gonna join us monday? (tomorrow) We may do this one again, but do a [magic word] Shuttle [/magic word] and possibly hit this twice.

Or, we may just do the Shoreline trail again, and go to the top again.

Sombeech
06-04-2006, 06:43 PM
What album is this from? Remember when we saw them cover Iron Man? Freakin' the shiz man... :twisted:

You mean "War Pigs"?

I haven't found this on an album, I just did a search for it. I'll email it to you or something.

accadacca
06-04-2006, 06:47 PM
Cool yeah send it over. Yup, it was War Pigs. They are the shiz in concert! :cool2:

Sombeech
06-04-2006, 06:53 PM
Cool yeah send it over. Yup, it was War Pigs. They are the shiz in concert! :cool2:

K, it's coming to your uutah email right now.

I'm out. Goin' to see the parents.

eddy1911
06-05-2006, 07:59 PM
Great helmet cam footage.

I love this trail!!

Eddy

James_B_Wads2000
06-06-2006, 06:33 AM
Probably one of the best covers I've heard of a Led Zeppelin song. There are MANY bad ones.

Yeah like ALL of them. Nothing like killing a classic. I guy I worked with had a CD of some death metal female band that had covered Pink Floyd the Wall. (Where is the emoticon for me barfing?). It sounded like Sepultura on a bad day, wait that would imply that Sepultura has a good day. Great White's cover of Led Zeppelin also highlighted the lack of talent of the genre. But I am just starting sh*t, listen to whatever you want.

James

:rockit: "I am the one Orgasmatron... sadistic, sacred, whore" :rockit:

:roflol:

Sombeech
06-06-2006, 08:34 AM
It sounded like Sepultura on a bad day, wait that would imply that Sepultura has a good day.

:lol8: Yeah, no kidding.

I agree with you to a point on covers. Most of them suck. BUT :bootyshake: ... and that's a big but..... you can rarely get a decent cover when a decent musician does it. Tesla's a very good band, although not that popular.

Ozzy does a ton of covers, and some of them do suck. One that's good, is when he covered Mountain's "Mississippi Queen".

James_B_Wads2000
06-06-2006, 09:14 AM
I agree with you to a point on covers. Most of them suck. BUT :bootyshake: ... and that's a big but..... you can rarely get a decent cover when a decent musician does it.

I agree with that to. I think it has more to do with one

Udink
06-06-2006, 09:22 AM
Like those midget Kiss cover bands on the Daily Show with John Stewart.
Speaking of which, ever heard the "Kiss my Ass" album, with a bunch of Kiss covers by Garth Brooks, Anthrax, Extreme, and some others? There are a few good songs on there.

[quote=James_B_Wads2000]Also Cake