PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report American Fork ->Tibble Fork 5/20

Mtnbiker
06-01-2006, 12:07 PM
Wifey and I rode up past Tibble Reservoir a few weekends ago and thought I'd share a few pictures.

It was a beautiful day. Not too dusty, a little muddy and a little snowy though :lol8:

We tried first to see if we could make it to Pole-Line pass. No such luck. I'd bet we made it at least 3/4 of the way though before the snow got too deep.

We didn't make it very far up Mineral Basin either because of the snow, although it was a great place to just sit and stare at all the snow up on the mountain still!
We amused ourselves watching a guy on a banshee try to ride up the stream to get around a mud spot, continue to get stuck in the middle, and resort to being winched out by a guy on a big Polaris 800 that just happened to be sitting on the bank :haha:

Then we ventured back south down the main road and took some side trails heading west up into the hills. These were mostly dry and I was impressed by the number of good options up that way.

There were some awesome views of Mt. Timp!

accadacca
06-01-2006, 06:29 PM
I HATE that! When your tooling along and everything seems to be going great. Then you run on to this white stuff. Blows!!! :compthrow:

Sombeech
06-01-2006, 08:11 PM
Cool pic! :2thumbs:

http://uutah.com/forum/files/dscn2070.jpg

Mtnbiker
06-02-2006, 06:23 AM
thanks, glad you liked them.

Yeah what made it worse was that sport Quad I was on had no protection what so ever from the mud and water. Anything the front tires touched when right onto me! :?

Those bikes are great for the dunes but not for water and snow. Oh well, still a fun time. Course, Tammy had the Ozark which had full fenders so she was blasting right through that stuff :rockit:

accadacca
06-02-2006, 07:51 AM
Yup, the sport models will beat you to death on those types of trails. :nod: