PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Bell's Canyon

Glockguy
05-26-2006, 11:08 AM
I went for a hike and attempted to find http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=72d0d9c1-c766-4cc3-82a0-fac65276c0ed this cache. I will copy the details from my cache log over here.

Bagged this virtual on an unusually warm after noon in May. It was close to 90.

This turned out to be a 114 minute march for me. I hope to get in better shape and beat that record through out the summer. I did not bring any snacks so i think that little bit of energy would have helped me out. Also I did not take one break on the way up. I think more small breaks would have given me more energy as well. The last 35 minutes or so were way tough on me. I had to pick up my wife at Trax so I did not want to dawdle.

I had on my heart rate monitor, and burned 1500 calories on the way up and 900 on the way down.

I sat on the rock for a few minutes and rested. I noticed a small thing moving on the other side of the canyon on the cliffs. I got out the glass and saw two rock climbers that seemed to be in a pinch in a crag. I watched them for a bit and they seemed ok.

I really kicked butt on the way down. I was very happy to have the trekking poles with me. I got to the car in only 1 hour and 1 minute. That rest up top really helped.

I brought the camelback and that was 2 liters of water. I drank a sip or two every five minutes and ran out at the resevoir on the return trip.

This is a great canyon and I hope to do some more hikes up here with beter times. Has anyone ever fished the upper res?

Someone posted a report of hiking this area on this site a little while ago, but I can't find the link. Can anyone else?