PDA

View Full Version : American priorities

tatwood
05-25-2006, 05:51 AM
I was watching the season finally of Lost last night when my wife switched channels to see who won American Idol. Before the winner was read, they said that there were over 69 million votes that had been counted. They also said that this was MORE than any presidential election in the history of our country!!! I must be missing something here, but when did voting for American Idol become more important than electing the leader of the free world? It's sad in a way that people don't take their freedoms more seriously. It just blows me away that a person would spend 3 hours one night continuously voting for a wanna be pop star, but would say that they don

chickenlicken
05-25-2006, 06:04 AM
Don't forget that on American Idol, I can vote multiple times. :roll:

price1869
05-25-2006, 06:18 AM
:frustrated: It just shows shows that we're, unfortunately, on the same track as ancient Rome. I consider TV America's own little colluseum.

The good news is :nod: A lot of those 69 million American Idolatry idiots are also the ones with the bush-hater propaganda all over their cars. Their uncast ballot is giving the USA a few more years of survival.

I consider it extremely un-American to not vote.

DirkHammergate
05-25-2006, 06:23 AM
Any thoughts.......

Don't tell me anything about Lost, I purposely ignore the shows like 24, Lost, Grey's during the regular season and just get the whole series on DVD and blow through them at night. I hate going week to week.... I kinda wanna see who gets on Kate but DON'T TELL ME!!!

Our priorities??? I'm too bored and detached to elaborate.

DickHead
05-25-2006, 06:30 AM

Just like voting Democrat....
:roflol:
Also, kids, convicted felons, and illegal aliens can vote for American Idol. Again, that group is only allowed to vote in Chicago for Democrats.
:bootyshake:

DirkHammergate
05-25-2006, 06:51 AM
:frustrated: It just shows shows that we're, unfortunately, on the same track as ancient Rome. I consider TV America's own little colluseum.

The good news is :nod: A lot of those 69 million American Idolatry idiots are also the ones with the bush-hater propaganda all over their cars. Their uncast ballot is giving the USA a few more years of survival.

I actually agree with you about tv but would just add that Reps are contributing to the demise just as much as Dems, if anyone thinks both parties aren't bought and paid for you're smoking weed. Why do you think there is bipartisan unity in defending congressman Jefferson? Literally, they've all got their hand in the cookie jar!

savanna3313
05-25-2006, 07:27 AM
Maybe the voting system for President should be as easy as picking up your phone to dial like on Idol. :ne_nau:

:lol8:

In the future, who knows? It may be just about that easy. Either placing your vote via the phone lines or your computer. I'm sure there are tons of safeguards that would have to be in place to do such though. This way, the elderly, the invalid and the couch potatoes of America could vote. :popcorn:

DickHead
05-25-2006, 08:36 AM

Weak argument. How many of those 69 million were teens, and how many voted more than once? Without those numbers you can't accurately compare the statistic to a Presidential election.

Sombeech
05-25-2006, 09:31 AM

True, this doesn't say how many voters there were.

What I'm wondering is; Who's going to buy the bumper sticker claiming "Taylor Hicks won the electorial vote, but NOT the popular vote" or any other anti-Taylor, pro McPhee propaganda.

tatwood
05-25-2006, 10:14 AM
I know it

Sombeech
05-25-2006, 10:43 AM
[quote=tatwood]I

Windwalker
05-28-2006, 09:25 AM
I consider it extremely un-American to not vote. :2thumbs:

Wasatch Rebel
05-29-2006, 12:01 PM
I just don't understand the mentality of anyone who would be watching American Karaoke instead of the NBA conference finals.

accadacca
05-29-2006, 01:02 PM
I just don't understand the mentality of anyone who would be watching American Karaoke instead of the NBA conference finals.
Amen! :nod: