PDA

View Full Version : There is a trail near Gooseberry........

Mtnbiker
05-23-2006, 11:00 AM
Can you help me out? I've read a little about a trail that is supposedly on the same mountain top as Gooseberry... (not Little Creek)

It's called ______ Mesa but I can't for the life of me find it. There was one called Flying monkey and another close to it and I'm drawing a blank on that one.

Sounds like it's a sweet DH and I want to ride it this year. Any info?

thanks, Ian

Mtnbiker
05-23-2006, 11:08 AM
:doh: should've looked on mtbr first :haha:

found it! Grafton Mesa!
http://trails.mtbr.com/cat/united-states-trails/trails-utah/trail/PRD_302644_4583crx.aspx

Anybody ridden this baby?

Shuntavi
05-23-2006, 12:47 PM
Yes, it is a great trail. Be sure and start at the little pull out after the road coming from Gooseberry and take the trail, not the dirt road route. It is a fun, technical downhill. Overall it is relatively short and is a shuttle unless you like climbing. I know of some that have done it as a loop but I wouldn't recommend it. It is a technical, black diamond downhill in a couple of sections. Worth doing.

Shuntavi
www.shuntavi.com

Sombeech
05-23-2006, 01:21 PM
Hmm, Grafton Mesa? Haven't heard much about it. Be sure to fill us in with the goodies if you ride this. :2thumbs:

Shuntavi
05-23-2006, 01:38 PM
Hey Sombeech, when are you guys coming down again? We need to hit the Guac and Little Creek before it gets 115 degrees!

Shuntavi

Sombeech
05-23-2006, 01:45 PM
Hey Sombeech, when are you guys coming down again? We need to hit the Guac and Little Creek before it gets 115 degrees!

Shuntavi

Roger that, bro! I'm afraid it won't happen very soon for me though. I'm dying to hit Guacamole on a fresh set of legs! I was so smoked that last time, I was embarassed. :oops:

BTW, speaking of Guac, I kept correcting the mispelling in your name, but for some reason, putfile.com kept reverting back to the original. I accidentally left the "n" out in the end credits (which I'm sure you noticed). For some reason, I could never correct it. Nobody knows that the video only covered half the trail, also.

And little creek, I've been wanting to hit that for about a year. Thanks for the invite, man. We'll definitely hit you up next time we're down there.

accadacca
05-23-2006, 01:50 PM
Hey Sombeech isn't Mark dying to get down there on his new bike and what about shag_dee? They may hit up Shuntavi before you do?

Sombeech
05-23-2006, 01:54 PM
Hey Sombeech isn't Mark dying to get down there on his new bike and what about shag_dee? They may hit up Shuntavi before you do?

Yeah, they should.

shagster
05-23-2006, 02:28 PM
Hey I am ready to go anytime. I have been trying to plan a trip in June, but I have found out that it is easier to just decide a couple of days in advance and head out. I can go any weekend if anyone wants to go. I will have to hit Mark up about his also.

Sombeech
05-23-2006, 02:38 PM
but I have found out that it is easier to just decide a couple of days in advance and head out.

This is the same case with me. It's much easier to just head out than to round everybody up for 2 months and stress out about it.

I will most likely head down there as a result of some other plans falling through, so it will be very short notice. I'll let you guys know as soon as i can thought.