PDA

View Full Version : Michigan Mtn Biking

derstuka
05-22-2006, 07:13 PM
Compliments of mtnbiker. Hope you don't mind mtnbiker, but I thought that this was pretty cool to share with the gang. This is in Michigan's northwestern lower peninsula. I think he said most of it is on the Boyne Mtn Ski resort.

http://www.mmba.org/viewtopic.php?t=42833&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

DickHead
05-23-2006, 05:58 AM
Compliments of mtnbiker. Hope you don't mind mtnbiker, but I thought that this was pretty cool to share with the gang. This is in Michigan's northwestern lower peninsula. I think he said most of it is on the Boyne Mtn Ski resort.

http://www.mmba.org/viewtopic.php?t=42833&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Chalk it up to personal preference, but I'll skip the logs, jumps, and stunts. I prefer not to break any more bones, thank you very much.
Still looks cool, though.

Mtnbiker
05-23-2006, 06:28 AM
Yep that is all at Boyne Mountain. Since Michigan is vertically challenged until you really get up into the U.P, gotta use the terrain to your best advantage. Looks like they are really thinking progressive and have put some nice effort in those features. I sure would love to hit that right now instead of looking at this computer :mrgreen: :hitit:

fourtycal
05-23-2006, 07:05 AM
I get all lightheaded just looking at that stuff. :hail2thechief: That is some good work! :popcorn:

TreeHugger
05-23-2006, 07:08 AM
Dang, when did they put all that at Boyne?? I havent ridden there since the last 24hour race I did there about 4 years ago - things sure have changed. I thought that was Burchfield at first. Where are those stunts? Along the usual trail or did they build a separate area for them?

Mtnbiker
05-23-2006, 10:46 AM
Dang, when did they put all that at Boyne?? I havent ridden there since the last 24hour race I did there about 4 years ago - things sure have changed. I thought that was Burchfield at first. Where are those stunts? Along the usual trail or did they build a separate area for them?
:ne_nau: not sure where exactly all the stunts are but I'd imagine they are incorporated into the downhill trails. Sounds like you pretty much need the chair to get you to most of it.

What a lot of people don't know is that Marquette has had a lot of this type of thing for a long time. Plus they have some elevation and naturally technical riding that most people drool about. I can't believe I've never ridden up there! :wallbash: