PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Stansbury Front trail

fourtycal
05-20-2006, 03:03 PM
The Stansbury front trail is a motorcycle, mountainbike, horse and hiking singletrack trail on the mountains west of Grantsville. Me and Jeremy tried it on Motorcycles today.
Get there by going to 400 West in Grantsville and heading south 5 miles to South Willow canyon. Head west up south willow five more miles (gravel most of the way) to a turn marked "Medina Flats" that takes you to the the trailhead. GPS N40 29.764 W112 34.632. from this trailhead the trail runs north just below the Desert Peak Wilderness area. The views are awesome.
The trail is for the advanced rider with several steep rocky climbs and descents. It is 10.5 miles to West Canyon where the trail ends and you turn around to do it in reverse.
A great trail if you ever get a chance!

MIDGETS RUN FUNNY
05-20-2006, 04:17 PM
FUNNY...THERE ARENT ANY PHOTOS OF YOU FALLEN DOWN IN THE BUSHES. LOL. YOU GOT THAT POSTED QUICK

accadacca
05-22-2006, 09:10 AM
Huh? That looks like fun fourty. I had no idea? Looks like some fun single track. :popcorn:

fourtycal
05-23-2006, 07:18 AM
FUNNY...THERE ARENT ANY PHOTOS OF YOU FALLEN DOWN IN THE BUSHES.

:ne_nau: My bike has taken enough beating this year. :cripple: :lol8: The ride was awsome, I just wish it were 20 miles longer.

Mtnbiker
05-26-2006, 06:40 AM
Those are great pics. I think this is the trail my boss was telling me about and said it's pretty nice.

Do you think there'd be any good camping spots if we backpacked in? I am looking for some last minute ideas to get away for a day or two where it's not complete redneck-ville with 50 billion idiots and their brothers. :roflol:

I'd love to mountain bike that trail but I was thinking if we hiked in we could stay over night. What do you think?

accadacca
05-26-2006, 10:39 AM
where it's not complete redneck-ville with 50 billion idiots and their brothers.
Dude that's going to be the case everywhere this weekend. :haha:

desertrat222
06-08-2006, 09:09 PM
Yeh the stansbury front trail is awsome i grew up in Gville and spent much time up there when i was young it's awesome!!!! :2thumbs:

Garbanzo
04-23-2012, 12:16 PM
Sweet action!! That's the kinda stuff we are always looking for!!:2thumbs:

Mtnseeker1
04-24-2012, 11:46 PM
I had a house out in Gransatville in 09-99 and my red neck neighbors always had a horse ride get together on thanksgiving weekend. Can't remember what year but we pushed 4 feet of snow on one ride.
Good place to raise kids away from the gangs and other BS. KINDA miss it.

DOSS
04-25-2012, 05:41 AM
I had a house out in Gransatville in 09-99 and my red neck neighbors always had a horse ride get together on thanksgiving weekend. Can't remember what year but we pushed 4 feet of snow on one ride.
Good place to raise kids away from the gangs and other BS. KINDA miss it.

I need to go back out and ride this trail this summer, been a while since I have done it..

Don't miss the Grantsville/Tooele too much We now have the bandidos mc (and their puppet club the destarilos mc) and some halfwit gang of wannabees floating around too... sigh..

BlakeC
04-25-2012, 10:57 AM
Sweet!!! Thanks for the photos and coordinates. Looks like a great ride!!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?t45zhh

Mtnseeker1
04-25-2012, 07:23 PM
WOW DOSS sorry to here this. I bet they still don't have a street light in . Used to be such a nice place to live too.:lol8:
Man when I lived there the hole dam town would address this issue guns in hand and the cops would dress up as civies.
Times change I guess. Hard to believe.

fourtycal
04-25-2012, 07:40 PM
Ahh this post from 2006 drums up good memories. I kinda hated that XR400, it was sold to buy a crf450X shortly after this ride. I need to get back up there too, close and fun trail. :2thumbs:

Mtnseeker1
04-25-2012, 08:33 PM
Will hay this is as good as any other time:lol8: Let's ride and laugh a lot at this here noob (ME).:bootyshake:
Oh hell yeah If I launch get plenty of picts but help my nooby ass back to the trail please.

On a side note this yz she is just short of dialed in and rocks my world big time. Just a little clutch cable work for the slow and technical stuff but boy does she ripp ass in the washes under the runnin and gunnin sort of thing. We have this agreement: She wants to pitch me and I want to throw her around. It is working for me I think?