PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Mueller Park -- to Big Rock TR

Sombeech
05-18-2006, 10:28 PM
**This trail is featured on the Video Page (http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1469)**

With the Jamis Dakar Brothers - shag_dee and our uncle Mark (who still hasn't signed up here) - Chivato, KillEmAll, and I took a spin up to the big rock in Mueller Park.

We started at a little after 6:00 pm after work, and were back down at 8:30. We took our time and relaxed a little on the way up, and took a BIG break at the rock. We ran into some other people we knew back from high school.

The new Jamis' did well for them. In fact, shag_dee rode Antelope Island yesterday, and was still kickin' butt up the hill! Here are a couple of pics.

live2ride
05-19-2006, 08:59 AM
6:00 to 8:30, whoa you guys must have taken your time, I was at the big rock in 27 minutes on Monday. The trail is great further up, spring hasn't hit yet so it has a completly different look. Pics look like you had a good time!! I hope your uncle Mark doesn't crash because from the pics it looks like his helmet would pop off like the guy in the 100 mile hour crash video!!!

PunchKing
05-19-2006, 10:57 AM
I dig the reflectors on the pedals, at least no fast moving autos will hit you. If ever you do a real trail they will be gone in like 5 seconds.

mroy
05-19-2006, 12:11 PM
That looks like a sweet trail. I've been wanting to get down there for a while. It's gonna have to wait a couple weeks though.

accadacca
05-19-2006, 02:11 PM
Yup, the reflectors gotta go. Rip those suckers off and burn them. :twisted: At least you will deter any wildlife. :lol8:

accadacca
05-19-2006, 02:21 PM
Good lookin' bikes fellers. :ride: Glad to see you guys enjoying them. :2thumbs:

Shan
05-19-2006, 03:04 PM
Nice pics! I have heard lots of things about this trail.

I hate those darn catepillars - I call them inch worms though. Just yesterday I remained catepillar free on my commute home until I took a canal path and ran into about 100 of them hanging down from a tree. I even found them in my bed on my pillow the next morning! Talk about blech! They must have been coming out my ears.

Sombeech
05-19-2006, 03:38 PM
I even found them in my bed on my pillow the next morning! Talk about blech! They must have been coming out my ears.

Gross!!! :eek2:

Yeah, I had one in my hair back down at the trailhead. I got the sucker out thought.

Ross
05-19-2006, 06:20 PM
what's the point of an iPod if you're riding with other people?

Nice pics by the way. :2thumbs:

DickHead
05-19-2006, 06:44 PM

Nice pics by the way. :2thumbs:

Quite often when I MTB with other people I'm all alone on the climb. I'm nothing stellar, but I outclimb 99% of the guys I MTB with frequently. I get passed plenty by people I don't know, though.
I also prefer it on my road bike. It sure makes those climbing intervals go by more quickly
:ride:

Sombeech
05-19-2006, 08:21 PM

Because listening to other people breathing hard is boring.

Mtnbiker
05-20-2006, 12:12 PM
I even found them in my bed on my pillow the next morning! Talk about blech! They must have been coming out my ears.

Gross!!! :eek2:

Yeah, I had one in my hair back down at the trailhead. I got the sucker out thought.

they must have gotten caught in your glasses huh? :roflol:
http://uutah.com/forum/files/haircut2_1.jpg

shagster
05-22-2006, 09:52 AM
I bike with an Ipod even when I am with other people. The music helps me to concentrate on something other than my own rapid breathing. I only put the music loud enough so that I can barely here it. I figure anything that helps me get up the hill easier is worth it. :2thumbs:

DickHead
05-22-2006, 10:52 AM
Re: Reflectors
I say leave 'em on! If the bike is going to be used for riding around the neighborhood in addition to the off-pavement jaunts.
If the bikes will mostly be used for off-pavement riding, then by all means, ditch the things!