PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report The Grotto in the Mt. Nebo loop

DaveOU812
05-18-2006, 07:23 PM
The wife and I took a little trip to The Grotto up in Mt. Nebo today. The loop was closed about 2 miles from the trail head but we just took the heel toe express up there. The hike is only 1/4 mile but the spot is really cool. Lots of snow run off so it was coming down pretty good and cold as hell.

Sombeech
05-18-2006, 10:14 PM
Looks pretty cool. Did you get in and swim?

Mtnbiker
05-19-2006, 06:42 AM
Looks nice, I'd really like to get down and Mt. bike in the Nebo area. I've heard good things about it.

that water looks cold! :cold:

James_B_Wads2000
05-19-2006, 07:37 AM
I am totally drawing a blank, where is this place exactly? :ne_nau: Oh by the way congrads on the new wife, you guys look so cute and happy together. :feelgood: It makes me want to puke. No I am just messing around, congratulations! :2thumbs:

James

PS I resized your images to prevent side-scroll.

rock_ski_cowboy
05-19-2006, 08:35 AM
Looks nice, I'd really like to get down and Mt. bike in the Nebo area. I've heard good things about it.

that water looks cold! :cold:

It'd be a lot nicer if it weren't for all of the @@#$%ing cows! Oh wait, a bunch of those cows are my daddy's... :roflol:

And its Payson Canyon for those that aren't familiar what the Nebo loop is. Lots of nice places up there.

DaveOU812
06-17-2006, 07:16 PM
Yea, it's up Payson canyon. It's got to be opened up by now. It wasnt when I was there. That water IS cold. It's all snow run off. It was flowing pretty good when I was up there but if you go up in the late fall it's alot slower.

rock_ski_cowboy
06-19-2006, 12:56 PM
Yea, it's up Payson canyon. It's got to be opened up by now. It wasnt when I was there. That water IS cold. It's all snow run off. It was flowing pretty good when I was up there but if you go up in the late fall it's alot slower.

I saw at least 20 deer throughout the canyon on Thursday when I went up to fix fence. Everythings green and beautiful. The Grotto should be really nice right now. If you go today or tomorrow you will probably beat the cows. Ours are going up on Thursday morning...