PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Causes Cancer

Mtnman1830
05-17-2006, 04:53 PM
No Lie!
I just bought a Shakespeare telescopic telescope, and when I was opening the package, it reads:

"WARNING: This product contains a chemial known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects and other reproductive harm."

I guess I wont fish in California with this pole.

Just another thing to ad to the list of known carcinogens.

chickenlicken
05-18-2006, 06:03 AM
As long as you don't eat it, you should be fine!

accadacca
05-18-2006, 07:44 AM
:roll: For sh*ts sake. Everything causes problems if you live in California. What gives derstuka?? :ne_nau:

Sombeech
05-18-2006, 08:01 AM
WARNING: Warning labels have been known to cause cancer in the state of California. (but in every other state, you're fine)

DaveOU812
05-18-2006, 09:47 AM
I love warning labels. I have one on a blow gun that says, "Do not inhale dart" :lol8:

Cirrus2000
05-18-2006, 05:27 PM
I have one on a blow gun...

Now that's just a little disturbing. You have a blow gun?!? :ahhh:

DaveOU812
05-18-2006, 06:39 PM
Yea, I bought it as a kid to cause chaos and havoc. Come to think of it, it's a good solution to the noisy neighbor pets thread.

KillEmAll
05-19-2006, 11:26 AM
I saw the same label on their rods. I thought I would be ok though since I don't plan on taking it to California.

Thank God for the Californians to protect us.

KillEmAll
05-19-2006, 11:28 AM
Speaking of the telescopic rod, have you used it yet? I'm planning on picking it up to take backpacking. Nice and compact.

Mtnman1830
05-19-2006, 03:17 PM
Speaking of the telescopic rod, have you used it yet? I'm planning on picking it up to take backpacking. Nice and compact.

No, I havent used it yet. I am going to King's in August and wanted one of these. I plan on giving it a go (NOT in California) just to see.

DickHead
05-22-2006, 07:06 AM

No, I havent used it yet. I am going to King's in August and wanted one of these. I plan on giving it a go (NOT in California) just to see.

Over the years I've owned everything from 12' surf rods to 4' ul rods. For hiking, and travel, telescopic rods have the advantage over most. The downsides are typically that they can collapse when you don't want them to, they are heavier than a normal rod, and they leave something to be desired in the action (especially when precision casting or a prolonged battle with an alligator gar fish....don't ask.... :roflol: ). I used to use teloscopic rods for working small creeks in the woods near my home in NC, and hiking in the Smokeys. That, and it was a great space saver on family camping trips in the van. Just like anything, you get what you pay for. A quality rod with nice guides should do well for your suited purpose.