PDA

View Full Version : exploration

goofball
05-09-2006, 08:15 PM
on my mind -

am curious about some zion canyons and want to explore. would be 1 or 2 canyons. bp in, scout, descend. 2-4 days, june 3-5 or 6, all or part. can't promise it'll be worth the effort, but if it is, think of the glory we'll gain ! chicks by the handful... one can dream anyway. e me if curious. if i can't find any others adventurous and brave enough to flip boogers in dangers face, i'll have to settle for beta'd routes. *sigh*

Iceaxe
05-10-2006, 07:31 AM
Be careful exploring Zion Canyons. They don't have the tight squeeze or mae west stuff you are more accustomed too. But the keeper potholes are bigger, the water colder and the drops are longer. Standard equipment for exploring canyons in Zion should include a 300' rope and 300' pull cord.

Good luck, let us know what you discover :five:

Scott P
05-10-2006, 07:37 AM
YOu can email if you want, and let me know of your plans.

goofball
05-10-2006, 08:10 PM
Be careful exploring Zion Canyons. They don't have the tight squeeze or mae west stuff you are more accustomed too. But the keeper potholes are bigger, the water colder and the drops are longer. Standard equipment for exploring canyons in Zion should include a 300' rope and 300' pull cord.

Good luck, let us know what you discover :five:

appreciate the concern, you big softy you ! i MAY even wear a helmet. thought i would pack the cordless hilti hammer drill as well to plant some bomber bolt gardens. if a drop is over 200', just tie off and viola, a hanging bolt garden to get me safely down. and a geologists hammer to make those high angle slabs a little easier as well. if the anasazi can do it i don't feel bad about it. in a 1000 years they'll be looked upon w/ awe and reverence.

:banana:

Iceaxe
05-11-2006, 07:30 AM
if a drop is over 200', just tie off and viola, a hanging bolt garden to get me safely down.

It works in theory, doesn't always work in practice...... But if you would be so kind as to put in a mid station at the Heaps exit I would be grateful, I hate packing a 300' rope through the canyon.

:nod:

hesse15
05-11-2006, 10:33 AM
appreciate the concern, you big softy you ! i MAY even wear a helmet. thought i would pack the cordless hilti hammer drill as well to plant some bomber bolt gardens. if a drop is over 200', just tie off and viola, a hanging bolt garden to get me safely down. and a geologists hammer to make those high angle slabs a little easier as well. if the anasazi can do it i don't feel bad about it. in a 1000 years they'll be looked upon w/ awe and reverence.
:banana:
goofball,
definetly you are not going to enjoy a bikini safe canyonette any time soon,neither the other girlfriend canyonettes that i was going to introduce you to.... :naughty:

goofball
05-11-2006, 04:15 PM
goofball,
definetly you are not going to enjoy a bikini safe canyonette any time soon,neither the other girlfriend canyonettes that i was going to introduce you to.... :naughty:

oh well, that's ok. i guess worse things could happen to me than not meeting a hottie because i am too edgy & HARDCORE. :stud: one day i'll find some hot chick who likes wild, untamed men. :twisted:

Iceaxe
05-11-2006, 04:46 PM
one day i'll find some hot chick who likes wild, untamed men.

Yup.... and the first thing she will want to do is tame ya :roflol:

It's in their blood..... they can't help themselves :lol8:

savanna3313
05-11-2006, 05:39 PM
one day i'll find some hot chick who likes wild, untamed men.

Yup.... and the first thing she will want to do is tame ya :roflol:

It's in their blood..... they can't help themselves :lol8:

Damn! Ice really does understand the female mind. :haha: The
real trick is in trying to tame the wild beast without him noticing very much. :five:

snatch
06-10-2006, 09:35 PM
to attempt to tame the beast is to admit that the beast was too much to handle in the first place.

savanna3313
06-12-2006, 03:35 PM
to attempt to tame the beast is to admit that the beast was too much to handle in the first place.

I disagree. :nono: I like a challenge and to me it just means that the beast was worth handling/taming. :haha: