PDA

View Full Version : Mtn Biking shoe poll

derstuka
05-08-2006, 11:58 AM
Trying to see what everybody is using, and what their experience has been. I used to use Diadora, but for the last year I have been using Pearl Izumi - Vagabond II's. I actually have had good luck with them. I am thinking of getting a pair of Sidi's though, not the 250.00+ top of the line, but a lesser model.

Also, does everybody use SPD cleats, which would mean that you have SPD pedals?

TreeHugger
05-08-2006, 12:59 PM
Specialized. They're VERY comfortable, I really like them.

http://www.specialized.com/OA_MEDIA/equip/05ShoeCompCarbonMTB_t.jpg

Before that: Northwave - which I LOVED, but they were completely worn out - had them for years, switched to the Specialized because I got a good deal for them.

You dont have either of these on your poll. :-)

derstuka
05-08-2006, 01:04 PM

Before that: Northwave - which I LOVED, but they were completely worn out - had them for years, switched to the Specialized because I got a good deal for them.

Sorry, it would not let me add anymore to the poll than I currently loaded. In fact, I had to delete one (Cannondale) and re-submit it again.

What model Specialized do you have? How long have you had them?

Ross
05-08-2006, 07:56 PM
In my opinion, Sidis are the best-fitting, most durable shoes money can buy. Had a pair of Dominators for about three years now, still going strong. Love these shoes. As for cleats, I have Eggbeaters, dunno if that helps with anything :ne_nau:

live2ride
05-08-2006, 08:07 PM
I am currently wearing the Nike Alpin III. I have tried Sidi and Shimano shoes and I am really happy with the Alpin's they are a great fit and I love the ventilation and the abuse they have taken and they still look new.

http://www.nike.com/nikecycling/index_flash.html

live2ride
05-08-2006, 08:08 PM
In my opinion, Sidis are the best-fitting, most durable shoes money can buy. Had a pair of Dominators for about three years now, still going strong. Love these shoes. As for cleats, I have Eggbeaters, dunno if that helps with anything :ne_nau:

I also roll with the eggbeaters, I won't ever change.

Sombeech
05-08-2006, 08:37 PM
The cheap Bike Nashbar brand! $40.

BrainDamage
05-08-2006, 10:17 PM
I am Using 661 nuevo there a 2004-2005 model, Great shoes, they were more of and entry level shoe but they are very durable and well put together. This is my first set of MTB shoes I have used them with BMX pedals , SPD's (shimonno and Wellgo) and now with the Crankbrothers I am using Crankbrothers Mallet C's. The Crankbros are by far my favorite they are very easy for me to clip out of. I always had a hard time clipping out of the Shimano PD-M424 and an even harder time out of the Wellgo ones.

TreeHugger
05-09-2006, 06:12 AM

Sorry, it would not let me add anymore to the poll than I currently loaded. In fact, I had to delete one (Cannondale) and re-submit it again.

What model Specialized do you have? How long have you had them?

I have those exact ones in the picture, (except last year's model) but I dont remember the actual name of the model, sorry. I cant afford Sidis, I know people swear by them although I've never even tried a pair on, but these are a really great, more affordable, alternative, I'd say.

(I use Time pedals)

fourtycal
05-09-2006, 07:16 AM
I have 661's with SPD and realy like them.
Just this season I switched to Azonic A-frame pedals (no more spd) and bought Five.Ten impact shoes, They have been awsome.

Detailed Specifications:
- Padded leather and Ballistics Nylon
- Stealth S1 soles
- Raptor tongue, Lace
- Polyurethane midsole

Ross
05-09-2006, 07:41 PM
I also roll with the eggbeaters, I won't ever change.

Eggbeaters ftw. sweet pedals, not if you really want to feel something under your feet though. But I guess that's why they have the mallet, candy. dunno what them are like.

PunchKing
05-10-2006, 07:04 AM
Yea I usually wear shoes

fourtycal
05-10-2006, 07:37 AM
Yea I usually wear shoes

Show us your pedals! :hail2thechief: The way you fly up the trail makes me want some pedals just like yours! will it help me? :haha: