PDA

View Full Version : Zero Gravity

DaveOU812
05-08-2006, 09:43 AM
Has anyone done Zero Gravity recently? I think I'd like to hit that one before end up back in california. It's supposed to be a real wet one? How wet are we talkin here?

Iceaxe
05-08-2006, 10:09 AM
I haven't done it this year but it has a lot of swimming in normal conditions. Zero-G reminds me a lot of Keyhole in Zion only its twice as long. So if you have done Keyhole you might have a rough idea of what we are talkin'

:popcorn:

rockgremlin
05-08-2006, 12:11 PM
Zero G holds a lot of water. Most of the water is wadeable (up to waist deep), but there are about 4-5 actual swimmer potholes. If you go soon, either have a wetsuit, or be prepared to be a little chilly for a couple of hours.

moabfool
05-22-2006, 11:15 AM
About what size of person will fit under the exit chockstone? I'm 6'-1" and I weigh around 200 lbs, but I'm sportin a bit of a gut. My buddy that wants to go with me is exactly the same size/shape, if not an inch or so shorter. Will we need to haul a smaller person along to spot us at the bomb bay?

jumar
05-22-2006, 11:39 AM
While on the subject, how big of a drop is it into the bombay?

nat
05-22-2006, 11:50 AM
About what size of person will fit under the exit chockstone? I'm 6'-1" and I weigh around 200 lbs, but I'm sportin a bit of a gut. My buddy that wants to go with me is exactly the same size/shape, if not an inch or so shorter. Will we need to haul a smaller person along to spot us at the bomb bay?

I suspect that you won't quite fit. I'm 5'-10" and 150 lbs, and it was a tight squeeze for me. My friend who is 200 lbs didn't fit. You can loop a rope around the chockstone and use it as a hand line (or rap) to help yourself down it.

rockgremlin
05-22-2006, 06:51 PM
Its about 20 - 25 feet down to the pothole from the chokestone. I fit underneath it, but it was a very tight squeeze. I'm 5-11, and weigh 170.

Iceaxe
05-22-2006, 09:42 PM
Did Zero-G Sunday..... it still has several swimmers and everyone was happy they brought a wetsuit for the final keeper pothole section, we didn't suit up until that point because it was over 90 degrees out and the short swims above felt good.

You need a 50' rope to do Zero-G. If you don't actually have to use it your a descent climber.

I've now done Zero-G about half a dozen times and the bomb bay is getting pretty simple for me now I have it figure out. The chokestone gaurding the bomb bay currently has a sling and rap ring that makes a short rappel off the chokestone really easy. The big trick is not to drop down to early. When you do drop through just get you feet out in front of you so that when you swing back under you don't hit anything hard.

Piece of cake :mrgreen:

Skinny guys just forget all the mumbling above and crawl under the chokestone.

:blahblah: