PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Green Canyon TR

mtnbiker62
05-06-2006, 07:31 PM
Hey everyone! I had intended to ride Antelope Island with mtbbrian from MTBR.com this morning, but a family commitment made that impossible. If I got up early, I had enough time in the morning to go on a short ride, and still make it to my brother's house by afternoon, so I decided to pack the Fatmobile, and head to Logan for some fun up Green Canyon.

Green Canyon is 2 singletrack sections connected by a gravel road. As of this morning, the gate at the bottom is still closed, so there is no vehicle traffic on the road. The trail is a little over 5 miles from the bottom to the wilderness boundary, but I skipped the upper 1.5 miles of singletrack (looked pretty muddy, wet, and had a lot of deadfall), so I got around 7 miles (up and back). The Green Canyon trailhead is at the top of 1900 North in North Logan.

I got up early, and tiptoed out of the house, so as not to wake the sleeping family. This was a good news/bad news idea. It was a good idea because I had the trail almost completely to myself. I'm extremely slow and morbidly obese, so if the trail is crowded, there's always someone trying to pass me. This morning that didn't happen. Unfortunately, because it was so early, the sun was right in my eyes for most of the ride, and my pictures didn't turn out as well as I had hoped. Anyway, here's Green Canyon, taken from 8:30 to 10:00 this morning (5/6).

Sombeech
05-06-2006, 11:39 PM
Well done, nice pics. I'll have to try this one. I added this to the trail report index. :2thumbs:

Ross
05-07-2006, 08:39 AM
looks like a nice ride.

Really liked the pictures, even if you were shooting into the sun for some.
Love the mist one.

cachehiker
05-08-2006, 10:45 AM
nice pics. :nod:

i hit the same trailhead myself around 11:30 after about 16-18 miles on the road with some friends. it was very peaceful and the road was packed down perfectly. i finished the day by taking the BST section south followed by the trail along the canal on my way to Joyride to pick up a seatpost. about 40 miles total in about 4-1/2 hours. needless to say i was feeling pretty wiped out Saturday evening.

at least it has me feeling up for the Salt Lake Century :cool2:

accadacca
05-08-2006, 03:46 PM
nice pics. :nod:

i hit the same trailhead myself around 11:30 after about 16-18 miles on the road with some friends. it was very peaceful and the road was packed down perfectly. i finished the day by taking the BST section south followed by the trail along the canal on my way to Joyride to pick up a seatpost. about 40 miles total in about 4-1/2 hours. needless to say i was feeling pretty wiped out Saturday evening.

at least it has me feeling up for the Salt Lake Century :cool2:
You ANIMAL!!! :eek2: :hail2thechief:

Shan
05-09-2006, 12:42 PM
Nice pics!

It's amazing how fast you feel when no one is around! :mrgreen: