PDA

View Full Version : Mark's new Jamis

Sombeech
05-06-2006, 09:38 AM
My uncle Mark (featured as 'fro man in some of the vids) is most likely going to pick this baby up today.

http://basicallybicycles.com/site/images/library/large/jamis_dakar_sport_grn_03_m.jpg

He's getting it from Canyon Sports Outlet in Riverdale. It's got SRAM, though I'm not sure what "level". They were comparing it to Shimano XT.

Disc brakes, and the Manitou Black front fork. It sounds like he's getting a smokin' deal 'cause it's a 2005 (but still in store).

I'll hear back from him today to see if he went through with it.

DickHead
05-07-2006, 06:44 AM
I've got a Jamis Dakar Sport (looks like the same bike). Very solid and I've been nothing but happy with it. Lighter would be nice, but it works well. I upgraded the rear shock to air, and will likely upgrade the wheelset and front shock in the future. Nothing wrong with the old stuff, I'm just a geek.

greyhair biker
05-08-2006, 03:21 AM
Glad to hear he finally found a bike :2thumbs:

Sombeech
05-08-2006, 07:35 AM
I upgraded the rear shock to air, and will likely upgrade the wheelset and front shock in the future. Nothing wrong with the old stuff, I'm just a geek.

I just noticed the pic has a spring in the rear. I believe his came with an air shock.

accadacca
05-08-2006, 03:42 PM
I upgraded the rear shock to air, and will likely upgrade the wheelset and front shock in the future. Nothing wrong with the old stuff, I'm just a geek.

I just noticed the pic has a spring in the rear. I believe his came with an air shock.
Well hell lets get a current pic on here. :popcorn:

Sombeech
05-08-2006, 03:57 PM

Well hell lets get a current pic on here. :popcorn:

We will be riding Wednesday after work, the Shoreline trail. I plan to have the helmet cam up and running. We'll be meeting up at the 22nd street trailhead possibly between 5:30 and 6:00

shagster
05-15-2006, 11:42 AM
This is a picture of the bike that Mark bought last week. He got a heck of a deal at 40% off from Canyon Sports in Riverdale.