PDA

View Full Version : Who's at the rally today?

Sombeech
05-01-2006, 08:28 AM
anybody go? get any "action" shot photos?

savanna3313
05-01-2006, 09:01 AM
It's a great showing of unity for the immigrant cause, but I don't feel one day is going to put any kind of crimp in anyone's lifestyle. Should something like this go on for a month or more, then of course we would feel the effects.

Today I will still pump my own gas, vacuum my interior, go through the self-load automated carwash, check out at the self-serve in the grocery store, and if I decide to go to Taco Bell for lunch (ok..I prefer Taco Time because they use "real" ingredients) :nod: the line may be a little longer, so my concern is more about the nearly $3 a gallon gasoline I am burning while waiting, not the inconvenience of a few employees that took the day off. :ne_nau: I ran a business for many years, and people calling in sick or having to have the day off for this or that reason, was a daily occurance. Anyone who is a business owner knows how to adjust.

I just wonder why this wasn't held on May 5 (Cinco de Mayo) instead of the traditional May 1 (May Day) international worker rally. The supporters could have demonstrated and partied at the same time! :haha:

Glockguy
05-01-2006, 09:24 AM
Let's extend this day without illegals another month or so and see how we do.

There would be less crime. Less criminals filling up the jails/prisons. Less freebies filling up the ER getting their flu shots when my family member has a real emergency. The work on my new constructuin around the valley would have much more quality. Less chance of disease.

More chances for people who would like to do things legally. More time for law enforcement to focus on important issues. I could go on for days....

Sombeech
05-01-2006, 09:27 AM
Funny how they're calling it an "American Boycott" today. That doesn't seem like the best way to win us over... :roll:

Scott Card
05-01-2006, 10:30 AM
Today I shop at Walmart and eat at the local diner - hamburgers and a Pepsi product (I wish I were closer to Ray's). After, I go pay my quarterly taxes that are due today. When I get home I put on Levis and a T-shirt, goof off with my kids, and watch what ever playoff game I can find. That is my day of formal protest. Spanish song put to the National Anthem? and walking out of work and school? isn't helping my charitable attitude much.

James_B_Wads2000
05-01-2006, 10:48 AM

There would be less crime. Less criminals filling up the jails/prisons. Less freebies filling up the ER getting their flu shots when my family member has a real emergency. The work on my new constructuin around the valley would have much more quality. Less chance of disease.

More chances for people who would like to do things legally. More time for law enforcement to focus on important issues. I could go on for days....

WTF?

First of all why aren

rockgremlin
05-01-2006, 12:44 PM
Today is Mexico's version of Labor Day. Maybe the date of today's rally had something to do with that...

Sombeech
05-01-2006, 02:52 PM
Today is Mexico's version of Labor Day. Maybe the date of today's rally had something to do with that...

I wonder if there will be more rallies on cinco de mayo, 4 days later?

live2ride
05-01-2006, 08:29 PM
[quote=James_B_Wads2000]

That stupid as email to President Bush that has been circulated around stated that illegals get free health care in America. Well nobody gets free health care in the US your thinking of Canada. Everyone has to pay for it. If you are poor (as most illegals are) you get free emergency services but that

Sombeech
05-01-2006, 10:13 PM
Patient released, has all meds paid for due to lack of insurance and money, Hospital is paying for that and also for a home health care nurse because patient is brain dead.

Actually, I'm the one paying for it. All of us that are responsibly insured are. Every time I go in to have my knee checked, and when my wife has our child this year, we'll be helping that JACKASS M**********R out. :assault: :wallbash: :gloom:

Ryebrye
05-01-2006, 11:10 PM
Today, I broke into my neighbors house. He asked me to leave, but I waved a flag around saying I had a right to stay. I also ate his food and did jobs that "he didn't want to do"

DirkHammergate
05-02-2006, 05:52 AM

Would you be pissed if a bunch of Canadians started to bum rush us for all our below minimum wage jobs?

I do believe this illegal immigration is a problem but building a wall isn't the answer, maybe we should be looking inward as to why our neighbor still has the majority of its citizens in total poverity. I find it odd we haven't been more proactive or is cheap undocumented labor so important for our economy its easier for us to do nothing other than bitch that its a problem without looking at the real heart of the problem.

TreeHugger
05-02-2006, 07:00 AM
I dont think you should rip on the people for doing what they think is best for themselves and their family. If you lived in poverty with no opportunities to better yourself, shelter yourself, feed yourself, wouldnt you do what ever you could to make things better?

I think think that the criminals and drug addicts you so vehemently focus on are the exception, not the rule. Most immigrants, legal or illegal, are here trying to make a better life for themselves, they work hard and do a good job. I've had a lot more experience with shoddy work from low life, lazy white people then from immigrant workers - maybe they feel they have to do a good job so as not to risk being fired.

Also - the main point I want to make about this is that you are blaming individuals for a system that is broken. How many illegal immigrants would come to the US if there werent people to employ them? That would be red blooded, flag wavin' AMERICAN bosses hiring them. Crack down on the companies that hire, put an end to that and I'd bet you'll greatly reduce the number of illegals coming here. Also, let's fix immigration law and border security while we're at it. It's a systematic problem, let's look to fixing that first.

Iceaxe
05-02-2006, 07:36 AM
I couldn't go to the rally..... my Mexican gardner never showed up for work this morning so I had to mow my lawn. Then my Mexican hosekeeper called in sick..... yeah , like I believe that one....

:lol8:

icthys
05-02-2006, 07:53 AM
I dont think you should rip on the people for doing what they think is best for themselves and their family. If you lived in poverty with no opportunities to better yourself, shelter yourself, feed yourself, wouldnt you do what ever you could to make things better?

The grass is always greener on the other side isn't it?

The entire country of Mexico is not living in poverty, I doubt there are no opportunities to better yourself in Mexico. If these people can make the effort to get their entire family over the border and then migrate to Utah, Idaho, Cali, etc then they should be able to better their situation in their own country. Running away from a problem can and will create more problems. Hell, I've always entertained the thought of taking my savings, moving to Mexico, buying a nice house straight up with the money I have saved (something I couldn't do in the inflated USA), and living a much simpiler life. This of course is under the assumption that the grass is greener on the other side.

I wasn't as pissed as I am now about the issue until I read in the paper this morning that a school put of state mandated tests off until the next day because of the immigrant boycot yesterday. If my child missed school and the test because of a illness or family death tough, she'd have to make that time up on her own. I really don't know who these people think they are. They complain when they live in Mexico, they now complain once they are in the US where life is "better", and they will complain once they keep on going up to Canada.

I'm all for immigration, I'm all for legal immigration! If I were a immigrant that came here legally I'd be an even more pissed off citizen.

Sombeech
05-02-2006, 08:22 AM
I do believe this illegal immigration is a problem but building a wall isn't the answer, maybe we should be looking inward as to why our neighbor still has the majority of its citizens in total poverity. I find it odd we haven't been more proactive or is cheap undocumented labor so important for our economy its easier for us to do nothing other than bitch that its a problem without looking at the real heart of the problem.

True, the real problem is Mexico's economy that is pushing them to look for a better life here.

BUT... they come here illegally and make demands of OUR gov't. Why haven't they made demands of THEIR gov't to fix the problems there? Why do they think it's our job to fix their country? We've already got enough people complaining that we're trying to improve Iraq, and that's for our own safety!

Why would people then accept us trying to improve Mexico's economy if they don't approve of Iraq?

DickHead
05-02-2006, 08:42 AM
It all boils down to this:
They are breaking the law. The minute anyone crosses the border illegeally, they break the law. If I cross into Mex. or Can. without using a border checkpoint, I've broken that nation's laws and might land in jail.
Break the law, pay the penalty.

rockgremlin
05-02-2006, 09:53 AM
Today, I broke into my neighbors house. He asked me to leave, but I waved a flag around saying I had a right to stay. I also ate his food and did jobs that "he didn't want to do"

Too Funny!! :lol8:

Here's another thing I found pretty amusing:
http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/rids/20060502/i/r2048252209.jpg

Sombeech
05-02-2006, 11:26 AM
you don't say!

Spelling Nazi
05-02-2006, 12:14 PM
:nono: Diarreha :nono:

Should be "Diarrhea"

Sombeech
05-02-2006, 12:18 PM
:nono: Diarreha :nono:

Should be "Diarrhea"

Hey, it was the illegal who said it, not me! :ne_nau:

Sombeech
05-02-2006, 12:19 PM
Here's another thing I found pretty amusing:
http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/rids/20060502/i/r2048252209.jpg

Hey, you got that from the Drudge Report, didn't you?

And how about No America > Nowhere to run away from your country.
(you better think twice, Mexico)

live2ride
05-02-2006, 12:24 PM
I can't wait untill South Park makes and episode about this, it should be pretty funny.

chickenlicken
05-03-2006, 06:21 AM
I only had one worker that didn't show for work on monday. I was very surprised and pleased that everyone else came to work and we shipped product out the door. The one that didn't show was asked not to return. I take the boycott seriously but they are trying to bite the hand that feeds them and I dont like getting bitten. :frustrated:

James_B_Wads2000
05-03-2006, 07:21 AM
I only had one worker that didn't show for work on monday. I was very surprised and pleased that everyone else came to work and we shipped product out the door. The one that didn't show was asked not to return. I take the boycott seriously but they are trying to bite the hand that feeds them and I dont like getting bitten. :frustrated:

Well let me be he first to say, you

DaveOU812
05-03-2006, 09:26 AM
All natural male enhancements? I could use some of those. :gulp: :banana:

Iceaxe
05-03-2006, 09:47 AM
I bought the enhancement lotion and have been rubbing it on every night..... now I have really big hands :roflol:

rockgremlin
05-03-2006, 01:06 PM

Good for you. If they wanna live in America, they gotta learn to live like Americans. If I didn't show up for work because I wanted to attend a caucasian pride parade, my ass would be unemployed too.

We make no exceptions here...

Iceaxe
05-03-2006, 01:24 PM
Tell'em you are skipping work to attend a White Supremacist meeting and see how that flies....

:five:

RugerShooter
05-03-2006, 08:43 PM
I think I will try that one on my boss and see what he says :naughty:

Well maybe not I value my job to much since I am white I would lose my job, then I wouldn't get unemployment or be able to live off of the state or any of that other stuff that I would get if I were not white.