PDA

View Full Version : uutah Jerseys?

live2ride
04-30-2006, 11:55 AM
OK, since I am on the trails quite a bit and cross paths with some bikers I was thinking it would be pretty cool to bring the idea back to life the thought about getting some UUTAH.com jerseys or something like that. (at least it would be easier to identify those who we cross paths with in the Internet world) I would be willing to fork over some cash to get a Jersey. What does everyone else think? Good Idea, waste of money or what?

Fuzzy TheBikeGuy
04-30-2006, 12:49 PM
:2thumbs: ..And what's wrong with tacky??!

As I bang my head against the wall TRYING to get my shop opened, I'll be getting custom jearseys made, so maybe BICYCLEWORKS (my shop) could help get 'em at a lower cost. I'm into it!! :twisted:

DickHead
04-30-2006, 01:24 PM
I voted no, mostly because I'm a member of a race team. I've got a team jersey, two more of this year's design on order. I've also got a USMC jersey I'm very fond of. I've also got a nice PI jersey my inlaws sent me christmas before last. Oh, and a Canyon Sports jersey, I usually just use it for commuting or what not.
Then there is the plain long-sleeve jersey from Performance.
4 pair of shorts (two are mostly trashed, I wear them mountain biking), one pair team shorts on order. Insulated tights, regular tights, arm warmers, baselayers, socks (I need to order some of those, mine are shot), Canari jacket that's packable and the sleeves come off of (saved my ass today), shoe covers, neoprene socks, two helmets, two pair road shoes, 1 pair mountain bike shoes.

Yes, I've got alot of shit.

Fuzzy TheBikeGuy
04-30-2006, 01:29 PM
I've also got a USMC jersey I'm very fond of. .

... :twisted: OOH-RAH, Devil Dog!! Is that the sweet E.G.A. Primal jearsey?

DickHead
04-30-2006, 01:51 PM
I've also got a USMC jersey I'm very fond of. .

... :twisted: OOH-RAH, Devil Dog!! Is that the sweet E.G.A. Primal jearsey?

Negative, it's from Velowear. Much more low key.
I'm not even sure they carry it any more.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y88/Atc1man/cycling/USMCjersey.bmp

accadacca
04-30-2006, 02:06 PM
Yeah we ought to get these made. Where do I send the money? I mean lets do it. :ne_nau:

live2ride
04-30-2006, 05:59 PM
I have found a bunch of places on the internet where you can get them made but we need to figure out the design, the type of jersey, short, long, no sleeves? All of the fun stuff, and also how much everyone is willing to fork out. The more jersey we can get committed to sale the cheaper it would be. I would want a pretty cool jersey so lets get some ideas kicked aroung.

Here is a link to a site that can make any jersey you want

customesublimation.com

greyhair biker
04-30-2006, 06:30 PM
I'm into it! You let us know when you need $$ & where to send it. I only have two jerseys (only) & the rest is just what I find to throw on. OR if not a jersey how 'bout a long sleeve over large shirt you can pull over pads(??) Whatever you decide to do is ok by me! :2thumbs:

Sombeech
05-01-2006, 09:03 AM
I'll be getting custom jearseys made, so maybe BICYCLEWORKS (my shop) could help get 'em at a lower cost. I'm into it!! :twisted:

I'm in favor of uutah.com jerseys, and what if we put other logos on there, such as Fuzzy's shop?

We could use the jersey as an advertising opportunity for our members as well.

ogdmfg
05-01-2006, 12:20 PM
I would be interested in the advertising on the jersey.

jeremy-ogd manufacturing :2thumbs:

accadacca
05-01-2006, 12:25 PM
I would say short sleeve. Sombeech has been working on some designs somewhere is another thread. :ne_nau:

kadeater
05-01-2006, 02:14 PM
I could be down for one. As long as there not ass ugly! :haha:

Shan
05-01-2006, 02:28 PM
I would not buy one. Not saying it's a bad idea either.

I have 2 simple Cannondale jerseys and I will just keep wearing these two until they disintegrate off my body.

live2ride
05-01-2006, 08:05 PM

I agree with this post and also the fact to get some other logos on it, such as fuzzy's. Lets get it done soon. Sounds like we have a bunch of tight asses chiming in on this one!!!

accadacca
05-01-2006, 08:28 PM
Hey no guarantees there buddy. :lol8:

greyhair biker
05-01-2006, 09:54 PM
Simple design work the best - then extra stuff still looks ok painted on it. Im also a member of our city's chamber of commerce for a river festival we do every year. We do t-shirts for the participants in one color and t- shirts for volunteers in another color. We keep to one color for the shirt , one color for the lettering and two to three of the same colors in the graphics if any. A simple backdrop like a mountain or something, then a graphic on it...lightning bolt-uutah.com- then room for adverts, sponsors, businesses,ect. Most companies area set up already with basic designs & colors in a base price range. I'm sure Fuzzy knows this already. Two to three colors max would be cheaper...what do ya think? :ne_nau: Sounds like we've mulled this over before but nothing was really settled on at the time.

Sombeech
05-01-2006, 10:25 PM
I would say short sleeve. Sombeech has been working on some designs somewhere is another thread. :ne_nau:

Yeah, a while ago I dinked around and came up with a few. I was just planning for T-shirts though. I've got no idea what's involved with a jersey. (I don't even have one yet :haha: )

Here are just a couple of stupid ideas, colors may vary...

Of course, whatever we choose, we would have to mention somewhere that this is an Outdoor forum.
http://uutah.com/forum/files/uutah1.gif

http://uutah.com/forum/files/saddam_1.jpg

http://uutah.com/forum/files/angus_1.jpg

http://uutah.com/forum/files/untitled_930.jpg

http://uutah.com/forum/files/brokebackmountain_1.jpg

http://uutah.com/forum/files/sombrero_1.jpg

I've got to level with all y'all. I am SLAMMED at the moment, and probably won't be able to get much research or work done on anything like this for a while. You are welcome to do a little research in the production and costs and let us all know though. Hell, we don't even want to stop you from doing it.

If somebody has the time and ambition, they shouldn't be held back by any of us. You deserve to style it any way you want if you are willing to put forth the effort for it.

Good luck.

DickHead
05-02-2006, 08:30 AM

I have 2 simple Cannondale jerseys and I will just keep wearing these two until they disintegrate off my body.

I'd pay good money to see that....
:twisted:

Sombeech
05-02-2006, 08:33 AM

I'd pay good money to see that....
:twisted:

:lol8: you jerk

Fuzzy TheBikeGuy
05-03-2006, 03:40 PM
...and what if we put other logos on there, such as Fuzzy's shop?

:rockit: You guys RULE!!

I'm gonna be getting Louis Garneau; they're not way-cheep (read not crap) but in a quantity WITH my shop-order, they'll probably end-up being less than ordering them alone from cheep.com.

I'm waiting on an e-mail with my design confirmation, and I'll see what we can do as far as adding-on a 2nd design. also, they do long-, short-, and no- sleeve stuff.

Hey sombeech- BEST AVITAR EVER! Long Live Dimebag!

Sombeech
05-03-2006, 03:43 PM
Hey sombeech- BEST AVITAR EVER! Long Live Dimebag!

You said it!

live2ride
05-06-2006, 08:26 PM
Fuzzy,

That would be great if you can round up some jerseys? Anyway, I would also be interested in getting one of your shop jerseys to sport around so let me know if that is possible. Also I will PM you because I am going to be in price probably this week some time and would like to ride down there!! Thanks man

kadeater
05-09-2006, 03:52 PM
Maybe a little less AC/DC and fewer gay cowboys. But all in all not too shabby.

greyhair biker
05-09-2006, 06:45 PM
:roflol: Sombeech are you gonna put up with that :popcorn: Although, I have to agree about the cowboys :mrgreen:

Sombeech
05-10-2006, 10:28 PM
Maybe a little less AC/DC and fewer gay cowboys. But all in all not too shabby.

Wha???? Naw, I'm just joking about the bareback mountain. But this site was founded on AC/DC, man. :rockon:

greyhair biker
05-11-2006, 03:36 AM
:rockon: It's all in fun :cool2:

kadeater
05-11-2006, 07:24 AM
:rockon: It's all in fun :cool2:

Yep it is. :haha:

I know it may not be the most politicaly correct but I actualy think these are $$$.

http://uutah.com/forum/files/saddam_1.jpg

or

http://uutah.com/forum/files/sombrero_1.jpg

greyhair biker
05-11-2006, 08:25 PM
Not trying to suck up but I like Sombeeches mug in front of Shuntavis' shop the best :2thumbs:

Fuzzy TheBikeGuy
05-13-2006, 06:37 PM
I'm gonna be getting Louis Garneau...

:frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated:
WELL...
The "Fuzzy's BicycleWorks" Jerseys will NOT be Louis Garneau for a REALLY ANNOYING reason I won't go into here, Even though the design was finalized and good to go.

As we're 1-week out from the San Rafael Swell festival, I talked to my local T-shirt & uniform guy, and he's doing-up a few SOCCER Jerseys (which looked a lot like some "FreeRide" Jerseys I've seen. If they turn-out cool and stand-up to some abuse, This might actually be a good way to go. Being a fat, Partyin' longhair, I don't really dig the fit of "real" Jerseys anyway.

...Thoughts?

greyhair biker
05-13-2006, 07:45 PM
Loose is mo betta - you can get pads & body armor under them , 'jerseys are okay but when you're not exactly 'trim fittin weight' it can be a bit too much. Also, if it's cold you can layer better if the jerseys' a little loose - enough from me whos's next? :blahblah:

Sombeech
05-14-2006, 10:23 PM
Not trying to suck up but I like Sombeeches mug in front of Shuntavis' shop the best :2thumbs:

Suck up!!!

live2ride
05-15-2006, 06:30 PM
Ok,

It appears that there is a little interest in this jersey deal, now the famous question is how much are you willing to pay for a jersey? I will go ahead and get things together and start this deal if I can see that I won't get stiffed with a bunch of jerseys. Maybee pre-order once they are finalized??

accadacca
05-16-2006, 08:29 AM
I would get one. It seemed that there was some interest on this thread. I really like the t-shirt idea as well. Cheap and more members would be interested even if they don

window_licker
05-25-2006, 12:50 PM
What is a jersey? Whatever they are it sounds like I need one so I am game!