PDA

View Full Version : a trick to bridge caches?

greyhair biker
04-27-2006, 11:12 PM
I keep running into bridge caches in the Salt Lake valley..and bomb miserably when hunting for one - any tips on the hunt?

Udink
04-28-2006, 04:50 AM
I've only found one such cache in that area, and it took me three tries to get it. It was the one on the pedestrian bridge over Bangerter at 4100 South. The container is only about an inch long and 1/4-inch in diameter, with a magnet glued to it. When I found it, it was attached to the outside of one of the poles, so that you had to reach your fingers around through the fence to get it.

I don't know if all the bridge caches are hidden in that manner, but this one had me stumped for awhile.

Mtnman1830
04-28-2006, 05:15 AM
The bridge caches I have found are small 'sample bottles' like you see on CSI they cover the DNA swab with.... they could be anywhere, but they are ususally attached to a magnet and tucked in some angle iron corner somewhere.....

greyhair biker
04-28-2006, 05:44 AM
That Bangerter 4100 so cache is one in particular that has me buffaloed so I;ll try to get that one this weekend while I'm down visiting family. Thanks!! I've got a couple hundred booked in my Palm pilot so I have some hunting to do Saturday. :haha:

Glockguy
04-28-2006, 07:38 AM
This one is a must do if you are ever in East Salt Lake.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=a656d8ce-8452-4bb7-acee-cde472d546bb

greyhair biker
04-28-2006, 10:06 AM
Oh I gotta do THAT one! Printed & entered - I'll give it a shot! Thanks!

greyhair biker
04-30-2006, 06:34 PM
Damn - i guess family comes first...I didn't get time to do this cache with all the family stuff but I'll get it next time

DaveOU812
05-01-2006, 12:31 PM
I've only done one but it wasn't too hard. Real good though. The box was painted the same color as the bridge and had magnets. You would never know it was there if you weren't looking for it.

greyhair biker
05-01-2006, 06:55 PM
I have a bridge cache here at home that has been muggled several times. I'm changing it tomorrow but not the theme. It's called Simon & Garfunkel. The last time it was a small hot chocolate container with a magnet attached to the inside lid & the whole thing was painted to match the bridge...could not be seen unless you were right in front of it...some kids must have taken it so now it's gonna be a magnet with a key word under it to put in a puzzle to get credit for it 'cause I'm sick of replacing it!

Udink
05-01-2006, 07:27 PM
now it's gonna be a magnet with a key word under it to put in a puzzle to get credit for it 'cause I'm sick of replacing it!
Be sure to make it a Mystery/Puzzle type of cache. There's nothing I hate more than a traditional cache that has requirements other than to find the cache and sign the logbook.

greyhair biker
05-01-2006, 09:41 PM
I agree & I don't like mystery/puzzle caches so I shoud rephrase....the idea I had was to put the name of the song that best describes this cache location on the back of a magnet painted to match the bridge and e-mail me the answer for credit - not bad eh?

FlyfishermanMike
05-28-2006, 04:44 AM
This one is a must do if you are ever in East Salt Lake.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=a656d8ce-8452-4bb7-acee-cde472d546bb

This is a must do! It's the coolest cache and container ever!! Minerals44 is the ulimante cacher and placer. Mad props to this one! It's my favorite!

^^ike