PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Indiana Riding....

DickHead
04-21-2006, 04:54 AM
Stuck with the outlaws for a week. Managed to pick up a road bike for $100 for the week from www.bgindy.com. If you're stuck in Indy, check this shop out, its a nice place.
The riding is....you guessed it.....flat! Very flat. South of town there are quite a few rollers, but in the redneck hole I'm staying in there are almost none.
However, there are meandering country roads everywhere you turn. Lots of wide open stretches through farms and cornfields (no stalks yet, though). Drivers are courteous and pass with care.
here's a couple pics.

derstuka
04-21-2006, 06:01 AM
Long time no hear bud!

Based on the pictures, it doesn't look like it is all that bad of riding for you. At least the roads have low traffic and the drivers are courteous. How many miles you been putting on?

Sombeech
04-21-2006, 01:25 PM
$100? Cool! How is the bike?

Shan
04-21-2006, 01:48 PM
I'm from Indiana!

Now you know why I live out here.

Ross
04-21-2006, 07:32 PM
looks like nice riding.

I guess.

DickHead
04-22-2006, 11:32 AM
Miles? Not sure, no speedo. Sunday's group ride was a 55miler, and I was out for 4 rides about 1:15 each, which should be about a 20-24 miler for me, so I've easily got over 100 miles this week.

It was a Giant OCR 1. Ultegra and 105 mixed group, carbon fork. The geometry was a little less agressive, so the bike didn't sprint or spool up very fast, and the cornering blew, but it served my purposes. $100 for 7 days, which meant I didn't have to go back and forth to the bike shop every time I wanted to ride. Very reasonable rates, $15 for 4 hours, 35 for a day, 60 for 3 or $100 for the 7. The rent MTB, too, I guess there are some parks around the city where there are trails.

I wouldn't want to live here, but having the roads to ride on sure made the visit better. Wife and I went to the riverboats (SE part of the state) last night....I won $200 at Blackjack
:five: