PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Fruita Pics/Report

mtnbiker62
04-17-2006, 05:44 AM
Hi all! The Fatmobile has returned from Fruita bearing gifts of pictures. Unfortunately, the ride didn't turn out as well as I had hoped. The first day, we rode Mary's Loop/Horsethief Bench, but my camera was malfunctioning. The only pics we got were a couple from my son's cell phone camera. The second day we planned to ride as many of the 18 Road trails as we could. We did a fantastic loop up Prime Cut and down Joe's Ridge from the trailhead. We took a short break after that ride, then rode up 18 Road to the camping area, intending to ride down Kessel's Run. We had just started down Kessel's when I hit the first patch of rocks, went over the bars, and ended up in the emergency room in Fruita. I thought I had broken my right hand, but fortunately, it was just a bad contusion. Unfortunately, that ended my riding for this weekend. It's sore and swollen today, and turning a lovely shade of purple, but I hope I'm back on the bike soon. Anyway, here's the pics.

Sombeech
04-17-2006, 07:57 AM
Very nice! :hail2thechief: I've got to get there this year.

Thanks for the pics. Those cell phone shots turned out decent, too.

accadacca
04-17-2006, 08:27 AM
Hi all! The Fatmobile has returned from Fruita bearing gifts of pictures.
:lol8:

Awesome!! That ridge line trail looks HOT! You are a true uutahn! (like that? :haha:)

You come out of the ER and home with a messed up hand and you still manage to post a TR.
We Salute You!!! :rockon:

mtnbiker62
04-17-2006, 08:46 AM
I'm..uhm...pretty good at typing with one hand! :naughty:
You come out of the ER and home with a messed up hand and you still manage to post a TR.
We Salute You!!! :rockon:

Shan
04-17-2006, 09:07 AM
SOrry about your hand! That is a great report! I like Fruita.

live2ride
04-17-2006, 10:23 AM
Looks like it kicked butt down there other than the little crash you had, pics are great. I want to hit it up down there pretty soon. Maybee a Moab trip for the first two days then 2 days in Fruita!! Thanks for the pics, and I hope you get better soon.

greyhair biker
04-17-2006, 11:24 AM
:2thumbs: Great pics! I gottat get down there this year....oh Acca...looks like he's in your damaged hand club eh? :haha:

Sombeech
04-17-2006, 12:29 PM
:2thumbs: Great pics! I gottat get down there this year....oh Acca...looks like he's in your damaged hand club eh? :haha:

Yeah, now you need the same gloves that accadacca bought at Shuntavi's shop.

accadacca
04-17-2006, 03:30 PM

Laugh it up suckers..... :lol8:

mtnbiker62
04-17-2006, 05:26 PM
Gloves wouldn't have helped me in this wreck. If you throw 250 down onto a rock, whatever is between 250 and the rock is going to give way...in this case, my hand! :nod:

Sombeech
04-17-2006, 07:25 PM
Gloves wouldn't have helped me in this wreck. If you throw 250 down onto a rock, whatever is between 250 and the rock is going to give way...in this case, my hand! :nod:

I know what you mean, speaking from experience. BTW, I threw this link in the trail report index. Thanks.

Ross
04-18-2006, 07:45 PM
not bad for a camera phone.

that last picture is good stuff, damn that looks like a sweet trail.

mtnbiker62
04-19-2006, 05:09 AM
The rest are taken with a Canon A610.
And yes, Joe's Ridge is an amazing trail! :nod:

not bad for a camera phone.

that last picture is good stuff, damn that looks like a sweet trail.

Ross
04-20-2006, 05:40 PM
The rest are taken with a Canon A610.
And yes, Joe's Ridge is an amazing trail! :nod:

no wonder :roll: