PDA

View Full Version : Powder Mountain Hell day!

sreed
04-12-2006, 10:55 AM
It was a beautiful spring day, 12 inches of fresh powder dropped the night before. With another 12 inches from the day before. THe sun was shining. You couldn't ask for a better day to be up on the mountain.

Everything was perfect until my buddy Shane Sprouse (the powder hound) sniffed out some prime untouched powder. The only problem was his nose didn't smell the out of bounds sign. In about 5 seconds, he was gone and I knew we were in trouble. I knew he had gone too far left, I couldn't leave him alone so I chased after him yelling. I got no response, he had his ipod cranked up.

When I finally caught him, Itold him we were so #@#$ed. The rest of our day was going to be on foot. We hiked through snow chest high, until we found a creek at the bottom of a canyon. So a 2-3mi, 3.5 hour trecherous and very wet hike to the road. Then we had to hitch hike a ride back to the top. Not a very good way to end the season! At least, we didn't end up on the 10 o'clock news, huh! Check out these pic's and video!

Sombeech
04-12-2006, 11:20 AM
That sucks about getting stuck. I was stuck at my desk that day, so I can almost sympathize with you.

You've put up some excellent TR's this season. Well done. :nod:

accadacca
04-12-2006, 02:34 PM
:lol8: :lol8: :lol8:
Yeah blame it on the F%$#'in iPod! :kicknuts:

I love your TR's!!! :popcorn:

Ross
04-13-2006, 05:39 PM
sounds pretty epic.

looks like a great day otherwise.

nice pics.

Sombeech