PDA

View Full Version : Quandary vs. Squeeze

Reedus
04-06-2006, 03:05 PM
For those of you guys that have done BOTH, which is the best of the two? Which one is more difficult? I have done the Squeeze, but heard that Quandary direct is just as fun. Anybody wanna offer an opinion?

Reedus

P.S - How about Cable, I haven't done that one either, but I heard it is real good.

rock_ski_cowboy
04-06-2006, 03:25 PM
For those of you guys that have done BOTH, which is the best of the two? Which one is more difficult? I have done the Squeeze, but heard that Quandary direct is just as fun. Anybody wanna offer an opinion?

Reedus

P.S - How about Cable, I haven't done that one either, but I heard it is real good.

My impresssion:

I can't decide which I like better, I know josh puts quandary at the top of his list. Both are classics in the standard sense of the word.

Quandary has (potentially) worse keepers (they can be true keepers if not brimming and drowners at that-- better have some ascenders or prussiks, be prepared to toss a pack or two, and not go solo). Quandary direct requires more natural anchor skills, be prepared to rig a dead man or cairn anchor in a dry pothole. The Squeeze is more difficult overall, I would say, and is definitely a lot more "slotty" and has bigger and more rappels. Squeeze is also a longer canyon and longer day with plenty of slogging (although Quandary is still a full-day affair).

QD is one of my favoritest canyons -- its the only one I've done twice and soon to be a third time, hopefully. Combine Quandary and Knotted Rope for more fun (and difficulty) ; ramp canyon exit is a little sloggy, but not too bad if you don't miss it.

Never done Cable.

Reedus
04-06-2006, 03:29 PM
Are you free this weekend Ben? Thought I would ask. Trying to get all my school shiz done so I can get away Friday night and go do a canyon.
Let me know

Reed

rock_ski_cowboy
04-06-2006, 03:59 PM
Are you free this weekend Ben? Thought I would ask. Trying to get all my school shiz done so I can get away Friday night and go do a canyon.
Let me know

Reed

Thanks for asking. Got plans and can't make it, but we'll have to get out some time soon.

Iceaxe
04-06-2006, 04:13 PM
For those of you guys that have done BOTH, which is the best of the two? Which one is more difficult? I have done the Squeeze, but heard that Quandary direct is just as fun.

If you substitute "Blonde Chick" for Quandary and "Brunette Chick" for The Squeeze I think you will have your answer.

Just for fun we can call "Cable" the "Redheaded Chick"....

:lol8:

rockgremlin
04-06-2006, 07:13 PM
I've done Cable once, and Quandary Direct and The Squeeze multiple times. I think Shane and Rock_Ski nailed it on the head. It's EXTREMELY DIFFICULT to say which one of these is the better canyon. I would have to agree with Rock_Ski in that The Squeeze is probably a tad longer, but I would rate the difficulty factor at about the same level. The Squeeze is more "sloggy," the approach is longer, and the rappels bigger, but the potholes in Quandary have the potential of being downright nasty. True "Keepers."

Cable was a real classic too. I think it is a little underrated in that when folks head to the Swell, The Squeeze and Quandary are usually first on the hit list, and Cable is quite often overlooked. Cable is probably a tad bit easier than The Squeeze and Quandary, but not by much.

Set up a dart board, stick the names of each one of these three canyons on the board, and fire away! Do whichever one the dart hits first - you won't be disappointed whatever the outcome.

Iceaxe
04-07-2006, 09:32 PM
I'm sorry.... I just can't help myself.... I'm a bad boy :lol8:

Which of these 3 is the best?

Do you like athletic, mid 30s who can dance?

Or maybe fake boobs, no brains who can dance?

Or the fake boobs, hypocritical, hep C slept with Kid Rock non-dancer?
:popcorn:

rockgremlin
04-08-2006, 02:17 AM
Hep C -- HA HA!! That's what you get! I wonder how her sex life has fared since contracting that wonderful disease. :lol8:

accadacca
04-08-2006, 05:46 PM
Hep C -- HA HA!! That's what you get! I wonder how her sex life has fared since contracting that wonderful disease. :lol8:
Hard to guess what he is doing on the internet at 3AM..... :lol8:

Chicken hater for me too.... :lol8:

Sombeech
04-08-2006, 09:51 PM
I'm sorry.... I just can't help myself.... I'm a bad boy :lol8:

Which of these 3 is the best?

Do you like athletic, mid 30s who can dance?

Or maybe fake boobs, no brains who can dance?

Or the fake boobs, hypocritical, hep C slept with Kid Rock non-dancer?
:popcorn:

I dunno, man. With Paris, it's been proven that you can get a hold of her on the phone ANYTIME. :lol8: Is that a good or bad quality in a girlfriend? :naughty:

Iceaxe
04-08-2006, 10:33 PM
I dunno, man. With Paris, it's been proven that you can get a hold of her on the phone ANYTIME. :lol8: Is that a good or bad quality in a girlfriend? :naughty:

Heck, if I'm in the .....eer..... drivers seat with Paris I could care less if her boyfriend calls. :lol8:

For all I care she could describe in detail what he's missing :roflol: