PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone scoped out Logan trails yet?

Shan
04-04-2006, 01:49 PM
I guess Deer Fence and Green Canyon are the two early ones.

Anyone?

Someday we'll have our own BST.
Here's the proposed trail: Under Cache Trails map
http://www.loganutah.org/parksrec/Parks/index.html

cachehiker
04-04-2006, 02:55 PM
The first Cache Valley Veloists mountain bike ride of the year is scheduled for Sunday, April 16th. We will be riding up to and along the Deer Fence with a likely side trip as far up Providence Canyon as conditions allow. Anyone who would care to join us is invited.

A guy I work with rode the not quite finished BST section from Green Canyon to Logan Canyon on Sunday. He said is was in good shape. Given a good day or so without YET ANOTHER STORM, I assume the Deer Fence will be in similar condition.

Also, the last two parts for the hardtail I started building over a year ago, a seatpost and saddle, will be here by Friday. Do you think I'll be able to wait any longer to get this new 22ish pound thoroughbred out on to the trail? I think not.

I'll be checking hiking conditions on the lower parts of the Jardine Juniper trail this weekend too. It has been a couple of years since I last went up to see the waterfalls and with all the snow, I've got to do it again this year. I might have a cute little someone joining me so I've got to find out what the conditions are like in advance.

If it rains on Sunday as predicted, that will make 6 straight weekends with a storm. I have a mountain of yard work that can only be done on the better days so I've been stuck riding in the rain. This SUCKS! Can't somebody do something?

Shan
04-04-2006, 03:04 PM
Will you all be starting at Merlin Olsen Park then heading to Dry Canyon by bike for that 4/16 ride?

cachehiker
04-04-2006, 04:09 PM
Yep, 10AM, and most of us will probably be riding up Mountain Road to the trailhead. A few less hardy souls may elect to drive their bikes up there.

Shan
04-05-2006, 08:47 AM
I live near that park. I'll have to ride that Mountain Road hill a few times before hand just so I don't die in front of a bunch of guys!

kadeater
04-19-2006, 09:08 AM
I'm a nooooooby here but anyhow just thought I would let you know if you don't already that the river trail is in prime shape. I have been riding it the last two weeks and the single track (both upper and lower) is in great shape. The BST is in good shape too except for the ride up or down from the Logan Canyon side but its very do-able. Now if we can get it to stop snowing and stay dry for a week or two we may be able to get onto some of the other trails. I will be checking out Green and Smithfield Canyons sometime this week to see how it is and I'll let you know.

cachehiker
04-19-2006, 02:50 PM
On Sunday's side trip from the Deer Fence we made it up to the quarry in Providence Canyon. We had to follow a narrow strip of gravel/hardpack on the north edge of the road for a while. The rest of the road was 50% mud and 40% snow and once there, we couldn't ride around much. The important part is: WE GOT THERE! :cool2:

Shan
04-20-2006, 10:42 AM
Wahoo! Thank you. Now my knees need to cooperate...

kadeater
05-05-2006, 11:23 AM
I'll be checking hiking conditions on the lower parts of the Jardine Juniper trail this weekend too. It has been a couple of years since I last went up to see the waterfalls and with all the snow, I've got to do it again this year. I might have a cute little someone joining me so I've got to find out what the conditions are like in advance.

Have you had a chance to check this out yet? I'm thinking about going up there tomorrow.

cachehiker
05-05-2006, 12:41 PM
Have you had a chance to check this out yet?

We couldn't make it all the way to the waterfalls on foot last weekend and I believe they are at a slightly lower elevation than the top of the Jardine Juniper trail. You might get around the big bend and started up the long, sustained climb but I think it will get unrideable very soon thereafter. With today's bluster, I wouldn't be suprised if there's an inch or three of fresh snow at the top too.