PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report TR- "little Canada" North Ogden trail

live2ride
04-03-2006, 09:43 PM
Ok, This is a trail report with everything that you need, I am going to post a link to the trail I submitted to Motionbased.com (gps website) click on the link and the page will have everythnig you need to check this trail out, within the page if you navigate on the left side where it reads "activity dashboard" you can choose elevation, speed, distance etc. Then in the middle of the page it has driving directions, google earth (it will graph the exact trail) etc. Click on the charts: everything and you can see the profile of speed, elevation etc. check it out it is pretty cool and makes it easy to get info on the trail.

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/episode/view.mb?episodePk.pkValue=574965#

enjoy, this was a great trail and I am planning on doing it 2 more times this week, so if anyone is interested let me know!!! :rockon:

live2ride
04-03-2006, 09:46 PM
pics will be coming this week, I did take some

Sombeech
04-03-2006, 09:53 PM
Looks like a decent trail. Here's a GE image.

live2ride's GE location tool Here. (http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/kml/episode.kml?episodePkValues=574965)

So how did you hear about this one?

Sombeech
04-03-2006, 10:02 PM
Also look for this trail in the Trip Report Index (http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=651). Thanks live2ride!

pics will be coming this week, I did take some
Sweet.

window_licker
04-05-2006, 08:54 AM
Do you know if there are any stickers on this trail cause I would hate to ride it and get 2 flat tires and have to walk out!

Sombeech
04-05-2006, 10:16 AM
Do you know if there are any stickers on this trail

I have heard of this as well. Welcome to the forum, window_licker! :cool2: I think live2ride will give us some more details this week when he posts his pics up.l

live2ride
04-05-2006, 10:59 AM
Do you know if there are any stickers on this trail cause I would hate to ride it and get 2 flat tires and have to walk out!

I guess the name says it all, if you are a window licker (aka Re-tard) and can't keep on the trail that could be a possibiilty,or if you are trying to ride the short bus up the hill!!!, it is no different than the other portions of the BST, I have had no problems and also there is an older man who walks these trails and keeps them spectacular ( trims trees rakes trail etc) , one more thing there is a new trail leaving from rainbow gardens and is suppost to be pretty cool. Pics will be on later today.

mroy
04-06-2006, 11:04 AM
How have the trails in that area been lately in terms of mud? That is, before today's snow. I haven't been up there in a couple months.

The trail that goes between the point where the canal goes into the mountain, and around the 5th N parking lot (around there, across from the Catholic church) it's a pretty fun, quick ride. That's where I usually park when I ride that area.

live2ride
04-06-2006, 11:50 AM
How have the trails in that area been lately in terms of mud? That is, before today's snow. I haven't been up there in a couple months.

The trail that goes between the point where the canal goes into the mountain, and around the 5th N parking lot (around there, across from the Catholic church) it's a pretty fun, quick ride. That's where I usually park when I ride that area.

From Catholic church South, absolutley no mud trail is in prefect shape and has been dry for quite some time. BST trail report that Somebeech did shows the trail conditions prior to this storm, just a few frozen sections.

live2ride
04-07-2006, 08:14 PM
In the pics, the trail that you ride is above the canal road and if you look enough you can see it across the mountain. The order of the pics start from bottom of posted pics to top. Sorry I posted them in the incorrect order.

Sombeech
04-07-2006, 09:15 PM
Well done, man.

You know, one of these saturdays, we'll have to start at @4800 south and Harrison and ride the shoreline trail from the south, all the way to rainbow gardens, across 12th, and onto this trail.

That would be a cool ride to hook it all together.

mtnbiker62
04-08-2006, 06:05 AM
I'd prefer to do it the other way. Start at North Ogden, and ride it south, then turn around. Do it as an out and back. That way, the return trip would mostly be a long downhill!

Well done, man.

You know, one of these saturdays, we'll have to start at @4800 south and Harrison and ride the shoreline trail from the south, all the way to rainbow gardens, across 12th, and onto this trail.

That would be a cool ride to hook it all together.

live2ride
04-08-2006, 05:22 PM
I'd prefer to do it the other way. Start at North Ogden, and ride it south, then turn around. Do it as an out and back. That way, the return trip would mostly be a long downhill!

Well done, man.

That would be a cool ride to hook it all together. i will do any w

I think I would rather do it the way somebeech suggested, either way your sixes, it is only on the bench so you don't really have climbs? I would do any way!!!

live2ride
04-08-2006, 05:25 PM
Just got back from the ride that I mentioned that I was going to do, The trail was spectacular and had only two 5 foot spots where the water was actually running over the rocks, absolutely no mud. This trail is one of the few trails that dry's out days before any other trail. Conditions were great, trail was great and we were able to convince a guy in the parking lot to come and join us, he loved the trail. I am thinking I am going to ride the trail tommorow because I will out of town untill thurs? I usually rest up on sundays but I might make it out. Let me know if anyone wants to join for a ride.

accadacca
04-08-2006, 05:51 PM
Nice report bro! :2thumbs: Very nice yota BTW..... :cool2:

I should have come with you today. I took my son to a b-day party at thanksgiving point. Petting smelly animals and riding ponies... :lol8: We will get the posse together soon and we need to set a day to ride with a group up north. :five:

mtnbiker62
04-08-2006, 06:12 PM
Myself and another guy from MTBR. He wanted to check out my new Preston FR, so we took both my bikes up and rode the trail. Like live2ride said, it was in amazing shape. I'm looking forward to some group rides soon, but not next weekend. I'm leaving for Fruita on Thursday!! :cool2:

Sombeech
04-08-2006, 09:45 PM
I'm leaving for Fruita on Thursday!! :cool2:

Cool! We're looking forward to the trip reports! :headbang: :rockit:

Ross
04-09-2006, 06:01 PM
cool pictures. Looks nice and dry. Wish I could ride there. :cry:

live2ride
04-09-2006, 06:23 PM
cool pictures. Looks nice and dry. Wish I could ride there. :cry:

Soon enough you will be here and all the trails will be dry by then, This trail is perfect for pre-season early rides, it dries out fast!! :nod:

live2ride
04-09-2006, 06:25 PM
Myself and another guy from MTBR. He wanted to check out my new Preston FR, so we took both my bikes up and rode the trail. Like live2ride said, it was in amazing shape. I'm looking forward to some group rides soon, but not next weekend. I'm leaving for Fruita on Thursday!! :cool2:

What are you going to fruita for? Biking, for the bike stuff they have going on, Fuita is pretty fun to ride. Make sure you take some pics!!!

mroy
04-29-2006, 04:43 PM
I checked out the trail today, found some pretty good spring runoff making waterfalls between the trail & the canal. I can only imagine what the falls look like further upstream coming down those huge cliffs. Towards the end of the Southern section, between the canal road, and the highway, there was a landslide recently taking out two 50 foot sections of the trail.

Sorry the camera phone pictures suck. I wasn't expecting to see anything worth taking real pics of on this ride.

live2ride
04-29-2006, 09:39 PM
Those sections have been waiting to come down and take out part of the trail for a while. I would be interested in helping to rebuild that part of the trail, I wonder who I would have to contact to figure it out?

Where is the pic of the upper fall at? is that at the southern most part of the canal road?

mroy
04-29-2006, 09:49 PM
The waterfall's are on the North side where the trail splits and there's an upper & lower trail, maybe 10th Northish? It's just from runoff, so I don't think it's going to last very long.

Since individual cities are responsible for their own sections of the BST, I imagine it would be the Parks & Rec dept with Ogden City that will take charge. I'd be willing to help out as well.

Sombeech
04-29-2006, 11:56 PM
I'm gonna hafta go check out those little waterfalls. I had no idea they were there.

live2ride
04-30-2006, 11:41 AM
I'm gonna hafta go check out those little waterfalls. I had no idea they were there.

Let me know when you are going I would like to go and check it out with you.

mroy
05-01-2006, 07:47 PM
I wanted to see what was upstream from those falls around the cliffs, so I went up there today to see if it was worthwhile, and I have to say it is. You can't see these until you get close, unless you climb up the boulder scree to get higher. There's a decent faint path most of the way up, if you can stay on it. If in doubt, just head towards the scree and look for a dry creekbed.

I'll go on a ride up there (or anywhere around here) anytime if I'm free, just let me know.

There are more pics of this trip here: http://www.mikepearce.us/LewisIII/default.asp

welsmj64
09-18-2006, 07:25 PM
Live2ride people say your the man with the data for bike trails in northern Utah. I'm interested in making some high quality custom topo maps in a 1:24000 scale or 1:30000 scale with the trails printed on the map. Would you be willing to trade some data? I have data of the trails in Moab, Monticello, and the Blanding Utah area. :roll:

live2ride
09-29-2006, 08:23 PM
Sure I can give you any info you want that I can help you out with. Let me know what I can do to help ya.