PDA

View Full Version : It's time to start riding after work

Sombeech
04-03-2006, 08:53 AM
Daylight Savings has granted us it's gift of riding after work. The first trail I'll probably hit is the Bonneville Shoreline Trail in Ogden. The first one is always a butt kicker.

The forecast doesn't look good, so it may be a spontaneous decision to go this week.

fourtycal
04-03-2006, 10:36 AM
I agree, Me and whoever I can talk into going, ride every tuesday after work, the weather has us in a bind but I will be trying something tomorrow.

live2ride
04-03-2006, 10:59 AM
I am heading out right now to a new trail in Ogden called "little Canada" it rides on the bench north of 12th street, I will tell you how it goes.

Sombeech
04-03-2006, 11:02 AM
I am heading out right now to a new trail in Ogden called "little Canada" it rides on the bench north of 12th street, I will tell you how it goes.

Sweet! Take some pics, make a TR for us. I'd like to try it if it's any good.

Sombeech
04-03-2006, 01:22 PM
This is the best live traffic/weather cam I can get that looks at the trail. It's a ways away, but we can see the current snowline.

This is looking North East up riverdale Rd

http://www.utahcommuterlink.com/1_devices/aux424.jpeg

Shan
04-03-2006, 01:24 PM
Wow, I don't think we're dried out enough up here in Logan! But yay to longer daylight!

mattl
04-03-2006, 03:23 PM
Ill be down with riding with people in slc.
Actually I can go during work if there are people that have that kind of schedule.

Let me know...

live2ride
04-03-2006, 03:47 PM
Shore line is Mud free. Just got back from the "little Canada" or North ogden part of the bonnevile shorline, the trail kicked ass and was great. I was able to take pics and I had my Garmin Bike GPS on so I should be able to post the altitude profile of the trail and also the trail istelf. Just some quick facts, trail lenght was around 5 miles, total ascent was around 1200 ft, some technical sections, and some slim singletrack made the trail great. I have all of the exacts of the trail, elevation, length etc and will post that when I upload all of the pics. BSL trails have been free from snow for a while now and if you start at 26th there are only 2 small 3 foot muddy sections where the canyon is in full shade. Basically the bench riding is clear.

took me 1:20 for a complete ride which included some shorts loops investigating what is out there.

I am going to ride this trail thurs evening say 5:30 if anyone wants to go.

eddy1911
04-03-2006, 04:31 PM
Did you start at the Rainbow Gardens TH? Any snow or mud on the initial climb? How about through some the heavier wooded areas that don't get much sun? We rode this trail early last year and it was a pretty muddy mess. I really like this trail but only when it is dry.

Eddy