PDA

View Full Version : Really Newbie

OutoftheAttic
03-23-2006, 05:29 PM
Hi, I am new to the site, and just rediscovering my love of hiking and backpacking. I used to hike with my dad as a kid but my ex was not big on that stuff so I haven't really done much for many years. I got divorced a couple of years ago, and last summer I did a few hikes in the Wasatch and enjoyed it so much that I plan to do some backpacking this year...I am really excited about that.
Any suggestions for a good place to go in April in Southern Utah where it will be warm enough to camp? And any ideas how to find some hiking buddies? Thanks!

Sombeech
03-23-2006, 05:33 PM
Any suggestions for a good place to go in April in Southern Utah where it will be warm enough to camp? And any ideas how to find some hiking buddies? Thanks!

Hey, welcome to the site! Just post up in the hiking section, and you'll get some responses. The last few weeks have been terrible in southern utah, but it's getting better really fast.

James_B_Wads2000
03-23-2006, 11:03 PM
Welcome to the site Attic. Sorry (or happy :ne_nau: ) to hear about your divorce.

Southern Utah in April? Damn, that is prime Southern Utah time. With the exception of some of the really wet watery hikes like Subway, Zion Narrow, Black Boxes and stuff like that all of Southern Utah is warm enough for camping. I would highly recommend places like the San Rafael Swell, Robber Roost and Escalante. In fact I am leaving tomorrow for Coyote Gulch in Escalante. The weather should be perfect. Give us an idea of what you are looking for and your abilities and I am sure we can come up with suggestions. Maybe find someone here willing to let you tag along.

James

accadacca
03-24-2006, 08:36 AM
Welcome to the fold. :nod:

Mtnman1830
03-24-2006, 10:13 AM
Planning a trip to King's peak end of August.......

4-5 relaxing days of hiking and fishing.

Maybe even throw in a flask of burbon?

tatwood
03-24-2006, 08:24 PM
Welcome to the site. Great to have ya.

offpiste
03-24-2006, 09:02 PM
Howdy and welcome, from another newbie.

Iceaxe
03-25-2006, 10:16 PM
I like noob's..... they taste like chicken :eat: