PDA

View Full Version : Need partners-April 28-30

Scott P
03-21-2006, 11:55 AM
Need partners for April 28-30.

I have a really awesome trip put togethern and can guarantee this will be one really good slot canyon. Long too, with long stretches of narrows.

Very rugged area. We'll have to do some climbing as well, and there are lots of possibilities for climbs.

This canyon is east of Vernal, or northeast of the town of Dinosaur. It should be a really good one, and I have some photos of the lower end.

I hope not to cancel again due to lack of partners. Isn't there anyone out there who wants to do a canyon with me?

Mtnman1830
03-21-2006, 11:58 AM
Sounds like fun...

I haven't done any climbing for years....
If I was more experienced, I may have taken you up on it.

Hope you get some partners!

rockgremlin
03-21-2006, 12:55 PM
PM me the specifics. Sounds like phun.

marc olivares
03-21-2006, 03:26 PM
hey scott, i might be able to swing this one...whacha have in mind?

Scott P
03-22-2006, 08:44 AM
More details:

Plan is to do one or two canyons from a base camp on the Yampa River. A few climbs too. This will be over a period of 2-3 days, starting Friday.

I have a canoe, if water conditions are OK. Otherwise we will wade or swim the river (wetsuit). This will avoid bushwhacking to get to the top end.

It will be a good slot canyon.

James_B_Wads2000
03-22-2006, 12:16 PM
Scott,

I would give my left nut to go but I am afraid you are way too hardcore for me. :hail2thechief:

This canyon is east of Vernal, or northeast of the town of Dinosaur. It should be a really good one, and I have some photos of the lower end.

Let's see em! I camped in Echo Park and hiked Harpers Corner years ago , that whole area is awesome. I am glad there is someone out there exploring that untapped Navajo Sandstone goldmine.

Good luck,

James

marc olivares
03-22-2006, 12:41 PM
i'm think'n i'm in at this point, just need to clear it w/ my wife and kids schedule.
what kinda gear you thinking...trad rack? tech canyonin' ? how many ropes?
etc...

Scott P
04-02-2006, 07:44 PM
Time to bump this up. Any takers?

trad rack?

Yes

t
ech canyonin' ?

Yes

how many ropes?

2 60m dynamics and a few short statics.

marc olivares
04-16-2006, 07:47 PM
scott,
not sure if your still planning this trip, but if you are, count me out.
have some friends from Chicago coming into town that weekend.
maybe next time.

still interested in taking the boys out to do something in the future if your interested...? Miles would love the company

Scott P
04-17-2006, 08:10 AM
still interested in taking the boys out to do something in the future if your interested...? Miles would love the company

I forgot: How old is Miles?

Anyway, Kessler goes backpacking with me every other weekend. On June 30-July 4, we're heading to the San Juans to do some 14,000 foot mountains. Since the trailhead is reached by 1880's steam engine train, it should be extra fun for Kessler.

marc olivares
04-17-2006, 08:36 AM
I forgot: How old is Miles?

Anyway, Kessler goes backpacking with me every other weekend. On June 30-July 4, we're heading to the San Juans to do some 14,000 foot mountains. Since the trailhead is reached by 1880's steam engine train, it should be extra fun for Kessler.

he'll be 5 in june.
sounds fun

Scott P
04-17-2006, 03:53 PM
If you are interesed, we could do some practice hikes together first for that trip. Minimum requirements are class 3 climbing at 14K and an ability to walk up to 10 miles a day, or 3,000 feet ascent, but I'm sure you have been training.

Perhaps you are interested in joining us for a May trip? Memorial Day weekend I was thinking of The Gulch/Horse Canyon.