PDA

View Full Version : St George- Gooseberry

live2ride
03-20-2006, 08:11 AM
I will be in St george this entire week along with the weekend, if anyone is planning on hitting up st george or gooseberry give me a holler, I wil be riding that every day or evening (including night riding gooseberry) this week, If anyone was thinking about trying to get a place to stay and can't I will have an extra bed in the room if you want to come and ride. I will post pics of the rides I go on this week. :bootyshake:

Sombeech
03-20-2006, 08:33 AM
I wil be riding that every day or evening (including night riding gooseberry) this week,

You'll be riding Gberry every day? You animal!! :rockon:
I suppose you already know the easiest way to get to the trailhead is NOT going through Springdale/Rockville? You probably know this, but it's MUCH easier on you/your vehicle if you enter from the opposite side of the Mesa from Springdale.

Here's the Google Earth location if anybody wants to check it out.
http://uutah.com/forum/download.php?id=981

live2ride
03-20-2006, 08:48 AM
Hey I did see the UUTAH crew in the log when I was there 2 weeks ago so I represented and made sure to put uutah on my entry, I do have a questiion for you, what was the route that you took to get to the point? I rode about everything when i was there but was just wondering what was the best way to navigate to the point. Also, maybee shuntavi will know if you don't can you shoot guns out there? There was a crap load of jackrabbits everywhere and I was wondering if there was some areas that you can shoot out there (away from people obviously)

Your map on google earth shows the way to come in from hurricane right? That is the way I always go.

Thanks man

Sombeech
03-20-2006, 09:45 AM
Hey I did see the UUTAH crew in the log when I was there 2 weeks ago so I represented and made sure to put uutah on my entry,

Yeah, I thought I'd be reprezentin'. :haha:

I do have a questiion for you, what was the route that you took to get to the point? I rode about everything when i was there but was just wondering what was the best way to navigate to the point.
We usually just ride that south rim out to the point. You pretty much just head to the left, and you'll eventually get to the mesa edge, where you can follow it to the point. Then, depending on what time of day it is, you can ride the north rim back, or the dirt road.

Also, maybee shuntavi will know if you don't can you shoot guns out there? There was a crap load of jackrabbits everywhere and I was wondering if there was some areas that you can shoot out there (away from people obviously)
We discussed the same thing last time. We saw all these rabbits out there and thought it would be cool to do a rabbit hunt/ bike ride/ camping trip out there. We don't know the answer though.

Your map on google earth shows the way to come in from hurricane right? That is the way I always go.
Yep. UMB, and some other sources describe how to get there from Springdale, maybe to visit the bike shops there? When we discovered the way straight from Hurricane, that other way just sucked.

accadacca
03-20-2006, 11:16 AM
You bastage... :lol8: Snap a few photos for the peeps.. :popcorn:

live2ride
03-20-2006, 01:22 PM
You bastage... :lol8: Snap a few photos for the peeps.. :popcorn:

I have some photos from the last trip I made a couple of weeks ago, but I figure I will put them in one large post and I am also going to ride some of the trails in and around st george. Should be great!! You guys should come down or we should plan another trip, I can get a room with two double beds on the company but I would be down with a camping\biking\rabbit hunting. If I am the only one at the trail head once again I think the 9mm will come out of the camelback to stretch its fingers!!!! :rifle:

Sombeech
03-20-2006, 01:32 PM
If I am the only one at the trail head once again I think the 9mm will come out of the camelback to stretch its fingers!!!! :rifle:

Yeah, I've shot my .380 at the point a couple of times.

greyhair biker
03-24-2006, 08:23 PM
I think we all had the same thing in mind - although I'd have gotten busted good knowing my luck if I'd of pulled mine out of the jeep...Walther PPKs 9mm stainless steel beauty!

live2ride
03-29-2006, 08:47 PM
I made it back and the road to Gooseberry was mudded up pretty bad; however, I through the truck in 4 and let r roll. 15 bucks in quarters later it was clean. The hotel shower and towels also worked great to clean the bike. (pics coming) I rode mostly at right and was able to snap a few pics. I will post them this weekend when I get my camera back. Trip was great, I also rode a few other trails in the st george area.

accadacca
03-30-2006, 08:33 AM
15 bucks in quarters later it was clean.
Ain't that the truth....been there done that. :blahblah: