PDA

View Full Version : newbie here

mattl
03-14-2006, 08:37 AM
Wanted to say HI.
Name is Matt in case you all havent figured it out. Im on the west side of SLC and work as a computer geek.

Love outdoors. Love to camp, backpack, travel, 4 wheel.

Mostly I love to mountain bike. Ive been out of it for a couple of years and getting back to where I used to be phyically is definatly a challange. Also into the whole road biking thing too. Any riders wanna go, hit me up. Still early season but needing to get out. . Trying to get the wife hooked on the whole moutain bike thing. We will see about that.

Love reading what I have so far and hopefully Ill be a positive contribution.

Oh.. got two mutts that like to go everywhere with me.

accadacca
03-14-2006, 08:43 AM
Welcome to the site bro. Good to have ya! :2thumbs:

Iceaxe
03-14-2006, 08:44 AM
:2thumbs: Welcome :2thumbs:

Sombeech
03-14-2006, 09:37 AM
Trying to get the wife hooked on the whole moutain bike thing. We will see about that.

Wow, good luck with that one. That would be nice, although not impossible. There's a few mtn biking couples on here.

Welcome to the site, man. :nod:

tatwood
03-14-2006, 11:22 AM
Welcome to the site Matt. Good luck convincing the wife.

Iceaxe
03-14-2006, 02:38 PM
If I'm going to spend quality time talking the wife into something it probably isn't going to involve mountain bikes
:roflol: :getiton: :haha:

mattl
03-14-2006, 03:05 PM
Hey there is always hope in talking her into it.
I mean if it works then we got a gret thing. if not then i need to find a buyer for a 1500 dollar bike.

Any who.. thanks for the welcomes..

Who are the mtb couples any way?

Sombeech
03-20-2006, 10:23 PM

I believe TreeHugger and Mtnbiker are a couple who ride a lot. I guess there are some other couples on here, but I don't know if they ride or not.

Mtnbiker
03-21-2006, 07:44 AM

I believe TreeHugger and Mtnbiker are a couple who ride a lot. I guess there are some other couples on here, but I don't know if they ride or not.

:lol8: actually Treehugger and I aren't a couple :) My wife and I hang out with she and her husband though. They ride and ski a lot too.

Here's my lady and me in Moab last weekend.

Oh yeah, and welcome Matt! I taught Tam to ride about 4 years ago and now she's chasin me down any trail I subject her to :rockon:

Good luck. Ease her into it and make sure she is comfortable on the bike. It's best if they learn at their own speed rather than leaving them in your dust to catch up. have fun!

Sombeech
03-21-2006, 07:49 AM
:lol8: actually Treehugger and I aren't a couple :) My wife and I hang out with she and her husband though. They ride and ski a lot.

Here's my wife and I in Moab last weekend.

:oops: :doh: oops. Thanks for clarifying that. You mentioned that before but I got mixed up.