PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Delano Peak

James_B_Wads2000
03-13-2006, 04:04 PM
Beaver & Piute Counties Highest Point, July 4 2003

I first tried climbing this peak in June 2001. Long story short we climb a neighboring peak, Mt Holly, by mistake. One of those hiking lessons learned: always have a topo map when hiking. It took two years before we got another chance. We decided to follow the route described in the book High in Utah with one variation. We would start at the north side of Puffer Lake and hiked in a northeasterly direction over the ridge below Lake Peak. Then we crossed the next drainage and then met up with the Skyline National Recreational Trail. All this off trail is easy as the trees are not thick and most the hike is across meadows. From there we followed the Skyline Trail to somewhere between Mt Holly and Delano. Then hike up to the saddle and up to the peak. My friends didn

live2ride
03-13-2006, 05:01 PM
Great pics, is it possible to mtn bike in or around any of these areas? How about those lakes, can you fish them? Nice license plate I love it!!

James_B_Wads2000
03-14-2006, 09:15 AM
Great pics, is it possible to mtn bike in or around any of these areas? How about those lakes, can you fish them? Nice license plate I love it!!

The Falcon guide, Mountain Biking Utah, has a couple of rides listed in it. I used to have a copy but can

Sombeech
03-14-2006, 09:51 AM
Yeah my license plate ring is awesome. I think it deserves to be on the image bar. How about it accadacca?

:lol8:

Hey, this is a pretty cool picture!

http://uutah.com/forum/files/100_1232__small_.jpg

Thanks for the pics.