PDA

View Full Version : Goblin Valley Camping

icthys
03-13-2006, 07:14 AM
Planning a trip at the end of the month down to Goblin Valley. The campground only has two reserved sites left and according to the description they will not accomodate our group. I know there is primitive camping down there which is fine with me, that way we can get away from the campground crowds. Does anyone have any info on some good areas for camping? We will have up to a dozen people going.

Iceaxe
03-13-2006, 07:27 AM
The road between Goblin Valley and the Little Wild Horse Trailhead has dozens of campsites. The best ones are on the south side of the road against the buttes and hoodoo. After LWH good campsites get thin.

Really nice camping around Temple Mountain.

Be warned, the area is open to ATV's and you will be sharing.

tatwood
03-13-2006, 08:11 AM
I've done the area around Temple Mountain a bunch of times and it's always worked really well. My only complaint was the freakin knats. They

Sombeech
03-13-2006, 08:33 AM
The road between Goblin Valley and the Little Wild Horse Trailhead has dozens of campsites. The best ones are on the south side of the road against the buttes and hoodoo. After LWH good campsites get thin.

Ditto. On our trip last year to Ding, Dang, and LWH canyons, we camped past LWH. There's plenty of spots to pull off the road. Our main issue was finding firewood. We dug up every dried sagebrush around. Plan on bringing some firewood, and you'll have a decent spot. :nod:

icthys
03-13-2006, 08:59 AM
Perfect, thanks guys.