PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Robbers Roost - North Fork

Iceaxe
03-12-2006, 09:25 PM
Did the North Fork of Robbers Roost with the boys last weekend. Had a great time. Below are a couple of my favorite pictures from the trip...

The route description can be found here:

Robbers Roost - North Fork
http://climb-utah.com/Roost/rrnf.htm

The route described in my stuff eliminates several miles of slogging that is presented in every other route description I have seen on RRNF.

:cool2:

Sombeech
03-12-2006, 09:28 PM
This baby can do way over 100

The car, or the towtruck? :haha: What happened there? Your vehicle?

Udink
03-12-2006, 09:50 PM
Broke down in the Price Wal-Mart parking lot--been there a couple of times myself. :smile: What happened to the Subaru?

Iceaxe
03-12-2006, 09:55 PM
Not my car..... it seems the turbo puked its guts out, which sent all these little parts flying into the intake where they met other really nifty parts called pistons and valves and such.

And then just to top it off the blown turbo pumped all the engine oil out into the exhaust where it left a magnificent blue trail before freezing the motor.....

Complete new motor and turbo is required. Fortunately the car was still under warranty because it is big dollars to fix....

Iceaxe
03-13-2006, 03:16 PM
Here are a couple of Devon's pictures.....

goofball
03-13-2006, 06:22 PM
loved that final rap. wall made for some fun bouldering... a little confidence and competence and it could be completely up-climbed we thought.

Scott P
03-14-2006, 03:43 PM
loved that final rap. wall made for some fun bouldering... a little confidence and competence and it could be completely up-climbed we thought

Indeed you can. Before Kent Beverly showed me where the "Moki Route" was (I should have kept it quiet?), some of used used the North Fork as a way into and out of the canyon complex. You can actually enter the NF canyon farther down than in the route description (west sdie), and leave a handline at the lower drop to get back out easily.

(In addition, there are actually two exit cracks on the north side down in the main canyon below North Fork).

Iceaxe
03-14-2006, 04:37 PM
I don't know who found what first..... but the Moki Exit has been well known to Roost Canyoneers for 20 years.... I have maps that old with it noted.

The exit I have been looking for but have not found yet is suppposed to be just below where Mindbender and Not join up and above where NF joins in. Its supposed to exit out the same side as the Moki's and be 5.8 with some exposure. Supposed to cut an hour off Mindbender and Not times.

:popcorn:

Sombeech
03-14-2006, 04:50 PM
cool pics.

Scott P
03-14-2006, 05:01 PM
I don't know who found what first.....

Obviously the Mokis found it first. No doubt the cowboys used it as well, as they had at least two constructed trails into the complex. There is also a drill hole at the trailhead.

The exit I have been looking for but have not found yet is suppposed to be just below where Mindbender and Not join up and above where NF joins in. Its supposed to exit out the same side as the Moki's and be 5.8 with some exposure. Supposed to cut an hour off Mindbender and Not times.

You sure? They could be speaking of the one above where they join up. Not sure though, as there are probably exits/entrances all over in there, if you are a technical climber. I can think of nine entrances and exits (I am not counting the technical canyons) in the complex, but I'm sure many more than this exist.

Iceaxe
03-14-2006, 05:09 PM
You sure? They could be speaking of the one above where they join up.

Nope.... I'm sure..... its noted on one of the sacred scrolls (a map from Steve Allen).

This also means that the 5.8 noted is a real 5.8. I looked for it once but ran out of daylight before find it.

Scott P
03-14-2006, 05:19 PM
Nope.... I'm sure..... its noted on one of the sacred scrolls (a map from Steve Allen).

OK, I have no clue then.

Deathcricket
03-22-2006, 06:10 PM
Cool Pics man, thanks for sharin'

-D-

rock_ski_cowboy
03-23-2006, 11:25 AM
I'll be doing this canyon tomorrow if everything works out. Then Alcatraz on Saturday.