PDA

View Full Version : great BB

offpiste
03-07-2006, 09:43 PM
Well, I enjoy anything outdoors. I have ran the Grand, Desolation, Snake and other rivers. I have skied Mt. Delano, Mt. Holly and other peaks in the Tushars. I enjoy the Uintah's, Tushar's and Boulder Mountain for all seasons. I enjoy tele skiing, downhill skiing.
Haven't rock climbed in years but would like to get back into it.
Fishing and skiing are my favorite stress relievers!!

Well that's me, I thank Sombeech for turning me on to this site, over on the UOOC.

later
stacy

Sombeech
03-07-2006, 10:08 PM
Hey there! Welcome to the site. I would love to do some river running this year. Actually, this forum contains a lot of stuff I'd like to do this year!

offpiste
03-07-2006, 10:27 PM
Hey, Yep I agree there are a lot of things I want to do this year on this board...........So much to do, So little time!

tatwood
03-08-2006, 06:01 AM
Welcome to the crew offpiste. I'd have to agree with both of you guys. The problem is that there isn't enough time to do it all.

accadacca
03-08-2006, 07:54 AM
Yeah, welcome to the outdoor posse offpiste. :rockon:

Iceaxe
03-08-2006, 09:59 AM
:2thumbs: Welcome :2thumbs:

offpiste
03-08-2006, 08:38 PM
Thanks, good to be here and meet you all. Hope to hook up on some adventures sometime.

later

stefan
03-08-2006, 09:31 PM
Welcome

Tushars...everytime i drive by them snow covered, i just can't help but think about skiing them, but never have. I hear the avi conditions are similar to other southern utah/colorado mountains, lots of pain in the butt persistent weak faceted layers. it'd be nice to hear your touring stories in the tushars(and elsewhere) sometime...maybe some photos too? bet last year was pretty nice.

cheers!

stefan

James_B_Wads2000
03-09-2006, 07:48 AM
Welcome aboard!

The Tushars are great. I have hiked them in the summer months a couple of times. Drove up to the base of Mt Belknap (Utahan pronunciation = Bell-nap) from Marysville, very beautiful. If I was into ATVs this is where I would go. I could dig up pics for anyone interested.

James

rock_ski_cowboy
03-09-2006, 08:23 AM
Good to have another river runner around. While it isn't my main hobby, it is something I get to do with my family a couple times a year. I've also run pretty much everything in the state and the Grand and a bunch in Idaho too. This year we're doing the San Juan (again) or maybe Desolation if San Juan looks painfully low (we have permits for both around the same time) for the family w/little kids trip and Cataract sometime later in the year.

I've been laying of the skiing lately, mostly because I find myself doing stupider and stupider things to get the "thrill" that I used to live for. Lately, I mostly just do it for the company, this'll probably be my last year w/ a seasons pass. Backcountry sounds cool, I just don't know where to start, don't have any good friends that are in to it, and don't really want to start a new hobby with new expensive gear requirements.

Ben

Sombeech
03-09-2006, 10:57 AM
I could dig up pics for anyone interested.

Please do! :nod:

offpiste
03-09-2006, 09:14 PM
Hey James, Yep been to Belknap myself in the summer on the Mtn. Bike. Coolest lake on the south slope. I have a bunch of pics myself but they are on slide, I will try to get them put on a disc.

offpiste
03-09-2006, 09:22 PM
Ben, now is the time to get into that new sport, tele skiing will put the thrill back into life, trust me. Kirkhams usually has there stuff at great prices right now. I picked up new boots and bindings for around 200 bucks.
GO FOR IT...........

James_B_Wads2000
03-13-2006, 04:12 PM
I could dig up pics for anyone interested.

Please do! :nod:

As requested:

http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=13832#13832

James