PDA

View Full Version : only in wyoming

greyhair biker
03-07-2006, 09:21 AM
Here's Wyomings' answer to the drinking & driving problem. Drive in liquor stores :friday:

Iceaxe
03-07-2006, 10:02 AM
I'm not sure if its still the same because its been a while...... but last time I was in Texas the local McDonald's sold Budweiser. So it was possible to use the drive through and get a Budweiser with your Happy Meal. :haha:

donny h
03-07-2006, 10:36 AM
Ruffs Sporting Goods in Flagstaff sells guns and liquor, also with a drive through.

It's very convienent for a fella' that needs ammunition and booze, but can't get out of the car.

:rifle: :pitcher:

accadacca
03-07-2006, 10:46 AM
Ruffs Sporting Goods in Flagstaff sells guns and liquor, also with a drive through.

It's very convienent for a fella' that needs ammunition and booze, but can't get out of the car.

:rifle: :pitcher:
:lol8: :lol8: :lol8:

greyhair biker
03-07-2006, 11:26 AM
:pitcher: :ne_nau:

savanna3313
03-07-2006, 11:43 AM
I'm not sure if its still the same because its been a while...... but last time I was in Texas the local McDonald's sold Budweiser. So it was possible to use the drive through and get a Budweiser with your Happy Meal. :haha:

That's why it's called a Happy Meal! :five: :lol8:

The above locations aren't the only lenient places around. Last time I visited New Orleans, you can still go to the local drive-thru daquiri shop, get your daquiri (some are made with whole-grain alcohol or multi-shots) handed out the window to you with a straw already in it, and order a side shot of your choice that gets handed to you to down right there at the window.

I'm not saying it's the smartest thing in the world to do.........it's just the way it is. :drink: eclipsee_steering :cripple: :nono:

TreeHugger
03-07-2006, 01:16 PM
It's not just Wyoming. Where I grew up and lived til I moved here - Ann Arbor, Michigan, there were two drive through liquor/beer stores. One is still there.

greyhair biker
03-08-2006, 06:05 AM
Funny thing is that I regularly see people get pulled over from there because the local police just sits there & waits then follows 'em for long enough to see that the person is not entirely sober...duh!

packfish
03-08-2006, 11:08 AM
In Ohio they were called drive thru beer docks. Most of them were like a giant 1/2 of a culvert pipe with coolers and chips down either side. You just drove thru and someone came out and you told them what you wanted.
Last year I went back and near my home town were 2 old car washes that were converted to "Beer Docks"

Iceaxe
03-08-2006, 01:27 PM
MMMMmmmmm..... Beer Docks..... :slobber1:

Shan
03-09-2006, 01:02 PM
Isn't an open container legal in Sweetwater County, as long as it isn't the driver's? At leaat that's what my hubby convinced me...