PDA

View Full Version : Who should host the next Oscars?

savanna3313
03-06-2006, 08:22 AM
I have a friend who is the daughter of a very famous deceased actor (I won't name names) :cool2: but she hosts a party every year for Oscar night at her Sundance home. The party was fine because the people that go are really fun and laid back, but the show was boring with a capital "B". :blahblah:

I say next year they should get the 4 comedians from the Blue Collar Comedy Tour to host the Oscars. :roflol: The only highlight was the fact that Crash won for best picture. It was an awesome film. :2thumbs: It was good to see Philip Seymour Hoffman win as well, but he should've won best supporting actor for his role as Dusty in the movie "Twister" years ago!!!! :lol8:

DickHead
03-06-2006, 09:27 AM
Nobody. Awards shows for overpaid actors should just go away.

Iceaxe
03-06-2006, 09:37 AM
Awards shows for overpaid actors should just go away.

Agreed.....

DickHead
03-06-2006, 09:44 AM

Agreed.....

Back in Shakesphere's day, the material was better and the actor's literally acted for food....

savanna3313
03-06-2006, 10:06 AM

Agreed.....

I thought twice about posting this topic, but since Brokeback has been so prominent on here, I thought what the hell. :ne_nau:

Speaking of overpaid people in the media, it doesn't stop sports activities every weekend - everything that features spoiled brat basketball, football and baseball players, to racing, hockey, etc...etc.... :haha: I won't even get started on no-talent rap stars and other recording artists. It's just a matter of what different people enjoy.

jmho

btw......It was basically meant as a jab at Hollywood by suggesting they use the foursome from the Blue Collar Comedy Tour....... :haha:

Iceaxe
03-06-2006, 12:14 PM
I'm just happy Bareback Mountain didn't win best pic..... :2thumbs:

psl53
03-06-2006, 04:48 PM
Now, Now Ice. You need to get in touch with your sensitive side :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

Iceaxe
03-06-2006, 04:57 PM
Iceaxe's sensitive side.... :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

What color is the sky in your world? :haha:

DirkHammergate
03-06-2006, 05:57 PM

Agreed.....

I thought twice about posting this topic, but since Brokeback has been so prominent on here, I thought what the hell. :ne_nau:

I think Jon Stewart again, I mean, he's funnier than any tired act Hollywood could throw up there. They didn't even laugh at the guy's, "Hollywood is a moral blackhole, that's just what people are sayin'" joke. These actors need to take a chill pill, they're so disconnected it makes my head spin.

DirkHammergate
03-06-2006, 06:00 PM
Five movies I'll likely see now, Syriana, Good Night and Good Luck, Crash (of course), Capote (I was seeing it this weekend), and now for sure, Brokeback, gay theme in all it looks to be a very, very good movie, plus most my movie going friends say its a must see...

Sombeech
03-06-2006, 08:01 PM
now for sure, Brokeback, gay theme in all it looks to be a very, very good movie, plus most my movie going friends say its a must see...

I'm still not even slightly interested. The more detail I learn about the movie, the more content I am at not seeing it. Uh oh, this could turn into another brokeback discussion.

But anyways, I've disconnected from a lot of things this year. I watched the Olympics 3 times and each time I saw Curling. Screw it!

I didn't watch the Oscars, but this isn't much of a change. I just realized that the top 5 movies nominated for everything did absolutely terrible at the Box Office (and all had a political message). Jon Stewart is a funny guy, but he's definitely political also. This year's ceremony was all about politics.

Most years, I'll watch it if I'm home, but this year I chose not to watch it 'cuz the whole thing seemed pretty stupid.

greyhair biker
03-11-2006, 06:07 AM
I think if Ron White hosted the show I'd piss myself from laughing so hard :roflol: I can't look at the guy without busting up...I have to agree - IF I ever watched the thing - How about Rodney Carrington....now THAT would raise some eyebrows! - I like your style Savanna

DickHead
03-11-2006, 07:10 AM
I think if Ron White hosted the show I'd piss myself from laughing so hard :roflol: I can't look at the guy without busting up...I have to agree - IF I ever watched the thing - How about Rodney Carrington....now THAT would raise some eyebrows! - I like your style Savanna

Ron White is one of the funniest modern comedians around, hands down.

Iceaxe
03-11-2006, 07:14 AM
Ron White is one of the funniest modern comedians around, hands down.

I have to admit it...... if Ron White hosts the show I'll watch it :popcorn:

They call me "Tater Salad" :roflol:

savanna3313
03-11-2006, 10:42 PM

Yep - I actually "stole" my quote from one of Ron White's routines. It's in the Tater Salad story, when he initially talks about getting thrown out of a NY bar and was told by a police officer that "he had the right to remain silent". He then grins at the camera and adds "I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability." :lol8: :five:

greyhair biker
03-14-2006, 12:59 PM
:roflol: ...stop...please... :roflol: ...it hurts... :roflol: