PDA

View Full Version : Antelope island March 4th

live2ride
03-01-2006, 10:13 PM
Hey just an open invitation for anyone wanting to ride this weekend at antelope. I plan on arriving at the gate at 12:00, so whomever would like to offset the cost and get a ride in rain or shine you are more than welcome to join in.

Next planned ride after that....

March 9th-11th, St george, I have a hotel booked and am committed to be down there for work which will take 3 hours so what the heck, turn it into a biking trip. If anyone is interested let me know!!!

eddy1911
03-07-2006, 01:02 PM
So how did your ride turn out? If we didn't already have some plans, we would have met you there. We'll be doing Antelope Island pretty soon when the weather is a little drier and we've got all of our winter home improvement projects finished.

Eddy

live2ride
03-07-2006, 01:16 PM
Turned out well, it rained enough that the trail was not too sandy but some sections were hard packed, a couple of groups of horses but other than that it was short sleeve, short weather and the trail was pretty good, can't complain for early riding. I did the white rock bay loop which is about 8 miles and the sandy sections helped it be a little better aerobic workout. I would say to ride antelope if it the only dry option, which it is for this time of the year, with the amount of sand out there is dries quickly. This weekend I am heading to st george to ride, we shall see if the weather cooperates

Sombeech
03-07-2006, 05:48 PM
This weekend I am heading to st george to ride, we shall see if the weather cooperates

Cool! What trails are you riding? I hear it's only supposed to be around 50 again. If I were you, I'd hook up with Shuntavi and do Guacamole. It's a good 'un. :nod:

accadacca
03-07-2006, 06:17 PM
Yeah, what ya got planned compadre? A little R&C? Riding and crab.... :lol8:

Sombeech
03-07-2006, 10:16 PM
Yeah, what ya got planned compadre? A little R&C? Riding and crab.... :lol8:

Ya gots ta head down to Mandalay Bay for the Crab! I was fantasizing about it today, telling everybody how good it was at work.

I wish I knew how to quit Crab.

live2ride
03-08-2006, 07:56 AM
Just heading out, got in touch with shuntavi, looks like I will start with Gooseberry Mesa and then hit guaca and then one more after that ,of course there is going to be some good eats and I will be in vegas; however, it will probably end up being sushi at Makinos off of charleston!!!! YUMMY!!!!!!

eddy1911
03-09-2006, 04:26 PM
I agree. For me and Kathy, Antelope Island is absolutely a last resort trail when all other trails are closed. We ride it a few times during the early season and then as soon as the other Wasatch Front trails open up we never ride it again until next season. Especially, once the bugs get heavy. Life is too short to ride a crappy trail.

Eddy

Sombeech
03-09-2006, 07:27 PM
Life is too short to ride a crappy trail.

This should be the motto of the complete Mtn biking section of this forum. :cool2: