PDA

View Full Version : My Google Skills Must Suck

hike2kolob
02-27-2006, 09:14 PM
Why oh why have I been reading posts about the Appalachian Trail for the past two months, when you were all right here.

This place rocks. All my favorite activities are discussed in one location. I like to: hike, backpack, fish, ski, and snowshoe.

My current obsession is canyoneering and I am looking to make good use of the spring in So. Utah and develop technical skills.

I also like to Mt. Bike, but when I just checked on my bike stuffed in the storage closet, the wheels were all flat.

Basically if it involves outdoor gear, I like it or would like to try it.

I am looking to lean from you all and hopefully set up some outdoor adventures.

Iceaxe
02-27-2006, 09:26 PM
Nice to have anther victim..... err.... I mean nice to have anther member....

:2thumbs: Welcome :2thumbs:

Sombeech
02-27-2006, 09:31 PM
Welcome to the site! Where are you from? How did you come across this forum?

hike2kolob
02-27-2006, 09:55 PM
Welcome to the site! Where are you from? How did you come across this forum?

Thanks for the welcome. I am from SLC. I have enjoyed the Utah outdoors most of my life, except for a few years back east going to school (NC) and working (No. VA).

I came across this forum from a string of links to climb-utah. I sort of discovered this site just after some of the other canyoneering forums and personal groups. This forum should nicely round out my interests and the other seasons.

Sombeech. Your TR for the Wind Rivers was one of the first things I stumbled onto. It reminded me of a trip I took there last August. We caught fish all day long, but they were little...nothing like that monster you caught. You will have to tell me where you catch those babies.

Jason

Sombeech
02-27-2006, 10:09 PM
We caught fish all day long, but they were little...nothing like that monster you caught. You will have to tell me where you catch those babies.

That was actually our first trip in, last year. We plan on going again this fall.

It was a very hard place to find. All I can tell you is that it was north of Junction Lake. You won't find any trails on the map though. This was all deep back country. Very hard to explain the directions, in fact, we got pretty lost trying to find it.

accadacca
02-28-2006, 08:57 AM
Welcome to the site and this is my 2000th post... :rockon:

I lost a fish twice the size of Sombeechs in the Wind Rivers and have two witnesses. :cry:

Iceaxe
02-28-2006, 09:27 AM
I lost a fish twice the size of Sombeechs in the Wind Rivers and have two witnesses. :cry:

Lies

Damn Lies

Fishing Stories

:nono:

Sombeech
02-28-2006, 02:12 PM

Unfortunately, I wasn't one of them.

Joe Gardner
03-02-2006, 08:05 AM
Hey Jason, welcome. :)

hike2kolob
03-02-2006, 06:39 PM
Hey Jason, welcome. :)

Thanks Joe... Don't I know you from somewhere? :haha:

Joe Gardner
03-03-2006, 10:00 AM
Heh. :ne_nau:

Nice avatar, we need to go hit the trails before it all melts off!